Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] radiorobasoar@gmail.com is offline

Default How to send loop to 2 amps and lead to 1 with loop pedal ?

Hello good people, Happy hangover day ;-)

So I want to send the rhythm loop to my amp and another amp being used as the drummers monitor then play lead but not have it come out the drummers monitor amp because it confuses him and he looses the beat. Is this possible ?

I use a Roland RC1 looper, Soundcraft desktop 12 channel mixer, AER60 as main amp, lunchbox jr as drummers monitor amp.

Guitar/drums duo

Greatly appreciate any insight,
Thanks,
Johnny One Note
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] radiorobasoar@gmail.com is offline

Thanks Mike,
Yes the the drummer wants to hear only the looper not my lead playing (I dont blame him), the looper RC1 has 2 outs, Im trying to get the loop in both amps by my lead only in mine. Ive tried using the 2 outs to 2 different channels in the mixer then panning but no go, also tried without the mixer and going direct from the looper out to both amps, the more i think about the less likely it seems... because My lead signal goes through the loop pedal and will be routed the same. But it is possible if I use 2 guitars, 1 into input A and the other input B then A out to one channel of the mixer and B to another then pan. But I dont want to use 2 guitars :-/
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Thanks Mike,
Yes the the drummer wants to hear only the looper not my lead playing (I do=
n=E2=80=99t blame him), the looper RC1 has 2 outs, I=E2=80=99m trying to ge=
t the loop in both amps by my lead only in mine. I=E2=80=99ve tried using t=
he 2 outs to 2 different channels in the mixer then panning but no go, also=
tried without the mixer and going direct from the looper out to both amps,=
the more i think about the less likely it seems... because My lead signal =
goes through the loop pedal and will be routed the same. But it is possible=
if I use 2 guitars, 1 into input A and the other input B then A out to one=
channel of the mixer and B to another then pan. But I don=E2=80=99t want t=
o use 2 guitars :-/

There are some splitter gadgets out there that will take one pedal input
and give you two outputs with isolated grounds on each. So you can provide
a split that goes into your amp, and a split that goes into his. Then
it's just a matter of running the lead into a second input on your amp.

That said... this is a thing that is much better provided by a monitor
mixer. I understand that's not always practical on a smaller stage though.

Using a 12v battery as DC for Boss rc3 loop pedal Jack Jarmush[_2_] Pro Audio 13 July 1st 11 12:08 PM
Ground Loop? (Ground Loop Isolators Have No Effect) [email protected] Car Audio 3 January 15th 05 07:18 PM
am loop louis Vacuum Tubes 2 January 26th 04 12:35 AM
am loop louis Tech 0 January 25th 04 12:58 PM
am loop louis Marketplace 0 January 25th 04 12:57 PM