Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ian Bell Ian Bell is offline

Default Drum machine synced to audio

Scott Dorsey wrote:

In article 45ff8aad.0@entanet, Ian Bell
wrote:

No the original drummer was a drum machine - just an ancient one.

People today are paying HUGE amounts of money for those ancient drum
machines because they want that sound. Just look at what the Roland 808
is fetching on Ebay. And you've got that sound already for free.

An interesting point. We have already done four albums using that drum
sound - I thunk it's time to move on. Having said that, all the guitars he
uses are originals from the 60s and he uses a bass pedal that is nearly as
old.

Ian
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

"Les Cargill" wrote in message
Mike Rivers wrote:

On Mar 19, 4:46 pm, Ian Bell wrote:

Marcello Mastroiani wrote:

So now I need to modify my question - are there samplers out there whose
playback can be triggered by and audio input?

I think I've heard of that, but if not, or if it's not what you want,
audio-to-MIDI triggers are fairly common, and any sampler can be
triggerd from MIDI note-on messages.

Alesis used to make a box that I think was 8 channels of audio in and
MIDI out, with each input assignable to a MIDI channel and note. Its
intended application was to trigger samples from a drum module from
either microphones or recorded tracks.

The DM5? It's still in production...

--
Les Cargill

The Alesis D4 or DM Pro will also do the same thing, trigger-wise.

Mikey
Nova Music Productions