Gerry E.

Default FA:The Most Rare Vacuum Tubes Ever Made!

Gerry
Peter McMullin

On 23 Apr 2004 09:07:00 -0700, (Gerry E.)

Gerry

Looks like a great deal for a real jazz cat!
Someone could overplate those pins with platinum and turn a tidy
profit. ROFL. Sorry, its so dry I'm choking....

Yves

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On 23 Apr 2004 09:07:00 -0700, (Gerry E.) wrote:

ROTFL.

? pse, develope. tnx, Yves.

Mark Harriss

François Yves Le Gal wrote:

On 23 Apr 2004 09:07:00 -0700, (Gerry E.) wrote:

ROTFL.

Note the incomplete coating where he hasn't cleaned the pins
too well before dipping in the electroless gold plating solution
JJ

Gerry E. wrote:

Gerry

So you took a couple of common Telefunken 12AX7's, coated the pins with
gold and are now attempting to scam someone into believing these are
"rare" for a ridiculous price.

west

Be careful Rodents. I found out that this guy doesn't have boxes and want
over $11.00 for packing material! It pays to investigate.
Cordially,
west

"Gerry E." wrote in message
om...

Gerry

Jon Yaeger

Yves,

Bonjour.

ROFL means "Rolling on the Floor Laughing"

I think the fellow who placed the ad on eBay may in fact be having the last
laugh on us . . . Am I the only one who thinks it's his joke?

- Jon

From: "Yves"
Newsgroups: rec.audio.tubes
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:55:44 +0100
Subject: FA:The Most Rare Vacuum Tubes Ever Made!

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:11:08 +0100, "Yves" wrote:

? pse, develope. tnx,

Well, Telefunken has *never* manufactured 12AX7's with gold pins.
And "Starting bid: US $1,000,000.00"...

No, no ! Explain "ROTFL" for me
Yves.

Fred Nachbaur

Yves wrote:
"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:11:08 +0100, "Yves" wrote:

? pse, develope. tnx,

Well, Telefunken has *never* manufactured 12AX7's with gold pins.
And "Starting bid: US $1,000,000.00"...

No, no ! Explain "ROTFL" for me
Yves.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-quer...otfl&Find=Find

Also have a look at ROTFLMAOSTC

Cheers,
Fred

| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Fred Nachbaur

Jon Yaeger wrote:

Yves,

Bonjour.

ROFL means "Rolling on the Floor Laughing"

I think the fellow who placed the ad on eBay may in fact be having the last
laugh on us . . . Am I the only one who thinks it's his joke?

- Jon

Yes, definitely a joke. A pretty good one, too.

What's frightening is that there is always the remote possibility that
someone with absolutely way too much disposable income and an elevator
that doesn't quite go to the top, might actually take it seriously.

Cheers,
Fred

| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Jerry

JJ wrote in message ...
Gerry E. wrote:

Gerry

So you took a couple of common Telefunken 12AX7's, coated the pins with
gold and are now attempting to scam someone into believing these are
"rare" for a ridiculous price.

But, he only wants a million bucks !
Steve O'Neill

Hi:

This auction is much more than a simple joke. I suspect that the seller
might appreciate an email from any and all viewers of the auction asking
some good questions. Have you been in contact with the seller? If not, it
might be worthwhile to get the "REAL" story behind this auction. If
so...nevermind!

BTW, the seller strikes me as an honorable person so there will be probably
no serious bids on these tubes.

--
Steve

"Fred Nachbaur" wrote in message
snip
Yes, definitely a joke. A pretty good one, too.

What's frightening is that there is always the remote possibility that
someone with absolutely way too much disposable income and an elevator
that doesn't quite go to the top, might actually take it seriously.

Cheers,
Fred

Jon Yaeger

In the interest of expediency and efficiency why don't you simply tell us
what you know?

Anumber1

Try a search of the Audio Asylum Tubes board with the phrase realjazzcat or
author GerryE.
Gerry is crusading an ongoing scam perpetrated by eBay seller "realjazzcat".
A pretty interesting read.

--
Alan Gallacher
Born to Tinker!