Posted to rec.audio.tech
diecasthoop diecasthoop is offline

Default Pioneer QX949 relay?

I have a qx949 that popped and stopped making sound. I took the cover
off and see that the relay(MS4U 24VDC) is clicking and arcing. I
cleaned the contacts with 600grit and air but it did not fix it. If
the relay is bad were would I buy one? Is this even the prob? Thanks
for any input.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] is offline

"diecasthoop" wrote in message
I have a qx949 that popped and stopped making sound. I took the cover
off and see that the relay(MS4U 24VDC) is clicking and arcing. I
cleaned the contacts with 600grit and air but it did not fix it. If
the relay is bad were would I buy one? Is this even the prob? Thanks
for any input.

The relay may well be damaged by now, but the clicking and arcing you
describe is an amplifier problem. That's why the clicking - the protection
circuit is reacting to a large DC offset.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

If you contact the manufacture, they should be able to guide you to
their parts support.

Pioneer Audio Support:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eEntertainment

--

Jerry G.

computer relay Powercat Pro Audio 8 December 1st 07 10:29 PM
When is a relay necessary? R Car Audio 4 April 2nd 07 01:54 PM
relay interference genev Tech 5 December 7th 05 12:15 PM
Need a 12 relay for my B&K pro5 SPritch57 Tech 2 April 16th 05 03:33 AM
Help need a 12V relay for my B&K pro5 SPritch57 Marketplace 0 January 11th 05 06:40 AM