'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer

Old September 29th 15, 08:02 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob

Default 'getting the most out of vacuum tubes' by Tomer

On 09/29/15 03:51, John L Stewart so wittily quipped:
> Big Bad Bob;990037 Wrote:
>> FYI - plug for this particular book. It discusses some rather
>> interesting design principles, and observations about testing tubes,
>> how
>> they don't always perform the same depending on the circuit, etc. and
>> how to extend tube life, yotta yotta yotta.
>>
>> long read, good info. mostly skimming, had a copy as PDF for a while
>> now, looking over it again for ideas.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/nfn2z4k
>>

>> found PDF here, didn't DL but probably correct
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ons67c5

> Thanx for the 'heads up' on that book, looks like a very good
> reference.
>
> Here is a link to copies of that book thru Alibris, a good source of out
> of print & other books, Etc. I'ved used them several times over many
> years for books on engineering, Etc such as Frank E Terman & so on.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/q5slgqf

I'll have to see if I can get the GE tube book [I've got one, but it's
old, worn, pages falling out, cover missing, etc.].

it's titled "GE Receiving Tube Manual". don't know when printed,
probably the 60's. It was kinda old when someone gave it to me in the
mid 70's. Has "RC-27" on the binding. Over 600 pages. (only page 1
and the front cover seem to be missing, probably not important)

Old September 29th 15, 08:10 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Big Bad Bob

On 09/29/15 12:02, Big Bad Bob so wittily quipped:
> I'll have to see if I can get the GE tube book [I've got one, but it's
> old, worn, pages falling out, cover missing, etc.].
>
> it's titled "GE Receiving Tube Manual". don't know when printed,
> probably the 60's. It was kinda old when someone gave it to me in the
> mid 70's. Has "RC-27" on the binding. Over 600 pages. (only page 1
> and the front cover seem to be missing, probably not important)

mine's probably the 1972 version. the 1964 version is shown here. I
remember a different cover:

http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/...-1964-edition/

FS: Electron Tubes/ Vacuum Tubes/ radiotron/ RCA, GE, Tung-Sol , Vintage mrsparkle48045 Vacuum Tubes 0 October 2nd 07 01:25 AM
FA: RCA 6L6 Vacuum Tubes, One Pair [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 3 April 13th 06 03:23 AM
Old vacuum tubes for sale Christian Fischer Vacuum Tubes 0 January 23rd 05 11:53 PM
Vacuum tubes in vacuum Tom Schlangen Vacuum Tubes 10 July 16th 03 01:24 AM