Frankie Leo

Default Replacement woofers for RSL Mini-monitors

I have some old Rogersound Labs RSL 2600 Mini-monitors. I have used
them forever and like them very much. The woofers finally
disintegrated (helped by my teenage son :-). The specs are 8", 4 ohm,
80 watt. There are tons of 8" woofers on the internet, but I'm not
sure what would be the best replacement. I'd like to get good sound
quality, but want to keep the cost under $150 for a pair. Another
wrinkle is that the RSL woofers have four mounting holes with a
square-ish mounting bracket whereas most of the woofers I see on the
web have a round mounting rim with 6 or 8 mounting holes. I can drill
new mounting points if needed, but would rather not if I can find a
woofer with the same form factor.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?
Thanks in advance,
Frank
vidtrekker vidtrekker is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Leo View Post
I have some old Rogersound Labs RSL 2600 Mini-monitors. I have used
them forever and like them very much. The woofers finally
disintegrated (helped by my teenage son :-). The specs are 8", 4 ohm,
80 watt. There are tons of 8" woofers on the internet, but I'm not
sure what would be the best replacement. I'd like to get good sound
quality, but want to keep the cost under $150 for a pair. Another
wrinkle is that the RSL woofers have four mounting holes with a
square-ish mounting bracket whereas most of the woofers I see on the
web have a round mounting rim with 6 or 8 mounting holes. I can drill
new mounting points if needed, but would rather not if I can find a
woofer with the same form factor.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?
Thanks in advance,
Frank
Speaker City in Burbank California is the place to go.