Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default What The Heck?

.. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

It turned into alt.amateur.religion.or-not, but I still don't know what
kind of music God likes best, or if she prefers CD's to LP's.

We all know Satan prefers MP3's, as long as the track was mastered
really hot.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Cyberserf[_2_] Cyberserf[_2_] is offline

--
shut up and play your guitar *http://hankalrich.com/http://www.you...HankandShaidri

Given the constant wow and flutter of Her angelic choirs...I'd have to
say She prefers 8-tracks.

-CS
Posted to rec.audio.pro
rakman rakman is offline

On Feb 5, 2:40*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
. . . is going on here? *All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? *Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com- useful and
interesting audio stuff

"When did you switch to color TV and why?"
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

On Feb 5, 5:55*pm, rakman wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:40*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:

. . . is going on here? *All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? *Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com-useful and
interesting audio stuff

"When did you switch to color TV and why?"

When did you switch to _TV_ and why!

I had a grandmother that never did. She would not have a TV in the
house. She did however have a shortwave radio in all the main rooms of
the house because she liked listening to foreign language broadcasts.
She spoke six languages all fairly well. She was also a photographer
who insisted on using the old rollfilm folding cameras with as big a
roll of film as they still made.

She also had other talents that made her pretty unpopular with Dad's
side of the family. But I really liked her and while I don't want to
get into religion.....what put me off religion and the church and the
Christian idea or ethos of God, if you will was that she was a staunch
unbeliever and would therefore not go to Heaven when she died. And if
she wasn't there, by gum, I wasn't going there either.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Mike Rivers wrote:

. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

It turned into alt.amateur.religion.or-not, but I still don't know what
kind of music God likes best, or if she prefers CD's to LP's.

We all know Satan prefers MP3's, as long as the track was mastered
really hot.

I had an idea to market a 'mastering' compressor as the Multilator - to get
that hot new sound of all today's hits!

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012 06:40:28 -0800, Mike Rivers wrote
(in article ):

. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? Is this really rec.audio.pro?
------------------------------snip------------------------------

I was gonna say... I've seen some conversations get derailed off-topic
before, but this was a major pile-up.

I really hate it when religion, politics, and personal attacks get into any
of the Rec technical newsgroups.

--MFW

Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and vinyl. It was
interesting for a couple of days but how can you (relatively few) guys keep
it up to the tune of close to 200 posts a day? Is this really
rec.audio.pro?

Relax Mike.
Think of it as the brussel sprouts you'd rather not eat as a kid. Just focus
on the meat n' 'tatoes.
(the15% or so of the meat is worth it IMHO)

Poly

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Audio1 Audio1 is offline

On 2/6/2012 9:45 AM, polymod wrote:
"Mike wrote in message
. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and vinyl. It was
interesting for a couple of days but how can you (relatively few) guys keep
it up to the tune of close to 200 posts a day? Is this really
rec.audio.pro?

Relax Mike.
Think of it as the brussel sprouts you'd rather not eat as a kid. Just focus
on the meat n' 'tatoes.
(the15% or so of the meat is worth it IMHO)

Poly

Brussel (sic) sprouts? (You mean 'Brussels sprouts')

At least Brussels sprouts are good for you, unlike all the religi-whacko
crap spewed in the thread. Both taste darn near awful in my opinion but
I will eat B-sprouts.

It's more like a big pitcher of Kool-Aid in the middle of the table,
full of sugar or some other artificial sweetener. It tastes good to
those who don't know any better but it rots your teeth or your liver and
really isn't necessary when just plain water will do.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

On Feb 5, 5:55 pm, rakman wrote:
On Feb 5, 2:40 pm, Mike Rivers wrote:

. . . is going on here? All these posts about CDs and
vinyl. It was interesting for a couple of days but how can
you (relatively few) guys keep it up to the tune of close to
200 posts a day? Is this really rec.audio.pro?

Maybe you should all meet at an AES convention.

of audio." - John Watkinson

http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com-useful and
interesting audio stuff

"When did you switch to color TV and why?"

When did you switch to _TV_ and why!

I stopped watching TV in 1959.

I had a grandmother that never did. She would not have a TV in the
house. She did however have a shortwave radio in all the main rooms of
the house because she liked listening to foreign language broadcasts.
She spoke six languages all fairly well. She was also a photographer
who insisted on using the old rollfilm folding cameras with as big a
roll of film as they still made.

She also had other talents that made her pretty unpopular with Dad's
side of the family. But I really liked her and while I don't want to
get into religion.....what put me off religion and the church and the
Christian idea or ethos of God, if you will was that she was a staunch
unbeliever and would therefore not go to Heaven when she died. And if
she wasn't there, by gum, I wasn't going there either.

Perfect!