Posted to rec.audio.car
mann

Default speaker

i have a 97 s-10 blazer the front door speakers were 6 " factory they busted
can i move up to a 6 1/2 compont
or do i need to stay with the 6" i have a 35 watt kenwood deck ,what wattage
do i need to move up to ,can anybody help me out a lil i also am push a
couple of 12 " kicker subs with a kicker amp about 300 watts so iam looking
for the right size mid speaker to give me that nice clear sound
Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

try www.crutchfield.com. they'll tell you what size speaker will fit in
your door and give you some options.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
mann

KU40 wrote:
try www.crutchfield.com. they'll tell you what size speaker will fit in
your door and give you some options.

thanks alot i been searching around 4 a site that could help me out good
looking out
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

also on bass you dont need a top amp to reproduce low notes.
you can get by with a visonik or profile.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Cyrus

In article 62150a2d77446@uwe, "mann" u23259@uwe wrote:

i have a 97 s-10 blazer the front door speakers were 6 " factory they busted
can i move up to a 6 1/2 compont
or do i need to stay with the 6" i have a 35 watt kenwood deck ,what wattage
do i need to move up to ,can anybody help me out a lil i also am push a
couple of 12 " kicker subs with a kicker amp about 300 watts so iam looking
for the right size mid speaker to give me that nice clear sound

03' s10 here, not sure if they're the same. Mine are 6.5" but was able
to shoehorn a 7" dayton alum in there. Had to holesaw the tweeter a bit
up the door panel.

If you plan on staying with hu power, coaxials will be your best bet. If
you plan on moving up to an amp later, might as well go with a component
set.

imo, ymmv, blah blah.

--
-Cyrus