Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Well is anyone doing video in their car?

If yes...what rig you have?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Alpine IVA-D300 touchscreen

Brandonb

If yes...what rig you have?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I just use a portable Magnavox 7" DVD player that fits snugly in the center
console of my '99 Subaru Forester. It plugs right into my Alpine 9853.
Nothing too fancy, but it does the job.

MOSFET

wrote in message
If yes...what rig you have?

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

03 Excursion with an Alpine CVA-1003 using an Alpine NVE-851A nav also going
to the rear factory dvd player
03 F250 with an Alpine IVA-W200 and Sony 7" screen it the ceiling but will
be swapped out with one of Alpine's new 10" overhead screens
06 Scion xA with an Alpine IVA-W200 and haven't figured out what to do for
rear seat entertainment for the kids yet
The F250 and Scion are sharing the new Blackbird nav piece by Alpine with a
docking station.
--
Pat M
wrote in message
If yes...what rig you have?

Posted to rec.audio.car

"Pat M" wrote:

03 Excursion with an Alpine CVA-1003 using an Alpine NVE-851A nav also going
to the rear factory dvd player
03 F250 with an Alpine IVA-W200 and Sony 7" screen it the ceiling but will
be swapped out with one of Alpine's new 10" overhead screens
06 Scion xA with an Alpine IVA-W200 and haven't figured out what to do for
rear seat entertainment for the kids yet
The F250 and Scion are sharing the new Blackbird nav piece by Alpine with a
docking station.

Sounds like everything is built in above, right?

Thing is...I'm trying to determine if I want this stuff
"built-in" the vehicle..or separate stand alone
components that can be used in vehicle as well as taken
out and walked with
Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

The Blackbird can be used as a nav piece that you can walk down the street
with our use it on your 4 wheeler or in your vehicle. It is the same as a
Garmin or Magellan nav piece. When I was talking to a local dealer about it
as opposed to the 852 nav I was told that I wouldn't be happy with the
amount of POI's that the Blackbird does not have. So far it has found
everything I have put into it with out a problem. I am going to Orlando in
3 weeks then will be in Cali after that. We are going to be driving from
Burlingame (sp?) to San Diego and it will be with me to tell us where area
attractions are and find destinations we want to get to. The only thing
about the Blackbird that I question and I will compare it to the 851 nav in
my wife's Excursion is that up Northern NH where we are building it groups
the smaller towns with the bigger ones. The town we are building in is
grouped with a bigger town 20 miles south. Then again we are pretty much
near the Canadian border so I can't complain but didn't notice that when we
used the 851 to find a certain street.

So far I give the Blackbird 2 thumbs up
--
Pat M
wrote in message
"Pat M" wrote:

03 Excursion with an Alpine CVA-1003 using an Alpine NVE-851A nav also
going
to the rear factory dvd player
03 F250 with an Alpine IVA-W200 and Sony 7" screen it the ceiling but will
be swapped out with one of Alpine's new 10" overhead screens
06 Scion xA with an Alpine IVA-W200 and haven't figured out what to do for
rear seat entertainment for the kids yet
The F250 and Scion are sharing the new Blackbird nav piece by Alpine with
docking station.

Sounds like everything is built in above, right?

Thing is...I'm trying to determine if I want this stuff
"built-in" the vehicle..or separate stand alone
components that can be used in vehicle as well as taken
out and walked with

Posted to rec.audio.car

"Pat M" wrote:

The Blackbird can be used as a nav piece that you can walk down the street
with our use it on your 4 wheeler or in your vehicle.

I see

Another question for group

How many here have off air TV in their vehicle and how
well has the implementation worked?

And...is it possible to do off air HD TV in a vehicle
yet?

Please bear with all the dumb questions OK?

I'm thinking of taking a sabbatical and doing a driving
around the USA trip next summer and doing some thinking
abt the vehicle, etc

I'm not even sure I really WANT TV in a vehicle but I
do plan on camping and sleeping in it a lot so may want
it after all.
Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein

-Eclipse 7002 A/V headunit
-Audiobahn AVDVD1P (DVD Player,mp3,drd-r/+r,cd-r/rw,cdv...)
-Eclipse 21000 EQ
-Eclipse 5083 (x2) 8 disc CD changers
-Jl 500/1
-JL 300/4
-JL 10W7 (ported box) w/ the black lacquer engraved face w/ the 3
aluminum cross bars on it from a sealed JL CLS110RG-W7 mounted around
the W7
-JL 6W0's (x2) in the stock 6x9 locations
-JL 5.25" coaxials in the stock lower front door locations (XR525-CX)
-JL XR-100-CT tweeters
-BatCap Model 400
-Optima Yellow top battery
-and numerous other mods..... including but not limited to,
custom RCA's, directed terminals, directed distribution blocks,
Audiopipe ANL fused distribution block, Audiopipe battery terminals,
1/0 AWG power and ground wires ran to distribution block, and 4 AWG
power and ground ran through out the rest of t he vehicle. Viper 550ESP
alarm - W/ motion sensor, power window roll up/down modules, several
shock sensors, and varad scanners..........
plus much more......

thank you for reading my A/V mod list

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

I had the Alpine tv tuner in our wrecked RIP Chevy Tahoe. I used it when we
drove from Mass to Kentucky and it was good some times but 90% of the other
time it was garbage reception. That was really then only time I used it.
As for trying to do off air Hi Def it isn't possible in a moving vehicle.
The off air antenna needs to be positioned towards the broadcast towers
similar to satellite tv with the dish mounted towards the satellites in the
sky. Now if you wanted to do in motion satellite, that is definitely a nice
feature. We had a Class C motorhome that I used mainly when I was racing
and it surely kept the kids quiet while driving except for when you were in
tunnels or in back country roads. We drove from Mass. to Az. in it and it
kept the kids and mother in-law quiet for that ride.
--
Pat M
wrote in message
"Pat M" wrote:

The Blackbird can be used as a nav piece that you can walk down the street
with our use it on your 4 wheeler or in your vehicle.

I see

Another question for group

How many here have off air TV in their vehicle and how
well has the implementation worked?

And...is it possible to do off air HD TV in a vehicle
yet?

Please bear with all the dumb questions OK?

I'm thinking of taking a sabbatical and doing a driving
around the USA trip next summer and doing some thinking
abt the vehicle, etc

I'm not even sure I really WANT TV in a vehicle but I
do plan on camping and sleeping in it a lot so may want
it after all.

Posted to rec.audio.car
smullen

Nothing fancy, I have a Kenwood DVD headunit, 6.8" LCDs in the Visors,

a 13.3" LCD in the back on sub box and a MS Xbox (older model, not
360)...

Fun to play Truck to Truck Halo @ Car Shows....

--
smullen
Posted to rec.audio.car

"Pat M" wrote:

I had the Alpine tv tuner in our wrecked RIP Chevy Tahoe. I used it when we
drove from Mass to Kentucky and it was good some times but 90% of the other
time it was garbage reception.

I see

So conventional off air TV in a vehicle is pretty
crappy huh?

Maybe I will forget abt TV altogether and just go for
satellite radio as a form of entertainment huh?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

No. The stuff flying by me at 140MPH on the highway tends to divert my
attention to that thrilling movie

The kid has a cheapo polaroid DVD player in the back seat strapped to the
head rest in a bag... Ghetto style

Chad

wrote in message
If yes...what rig you have?

Posted to rec.audio.car

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:40:31 -0500, wrote:

If yes...what rig you have?

Stock am-fm stereo receiver coupled to an amp and graphic equalizer
for a surround sound. Then added an FM Modulator and a 7" portable
CD/DVD Player which plugs into the FM Modulator to send the sound
through the FM range and provide surround sound video. I also have a
LCD 13" television which I can channel the video through for a bigger
picture. In the trunk I carry a length of coax. I can pull into just
about any campground today and find campsites (like KOA) with video
hookups and power at post site spaces. Pop up the tent, rollout the
sleeping bag, cook some Jiffy pop and kick back with a movie.

Television reception while on the move is not going to be the best
since so many things block or interfere with the signal (hills,
mountains, power lines, trees, etc), and the vehicle is constantly
moving and often changing directions. Even an RV with satellite
antenna has a problem staying locked in on an orbiting satellite.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;
Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Yes...

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car

"Chad Wahls" wrote:

Yes and it's wonderful. It has a great picture and BRIGHT! The
battery life is good too if you need it. It also has aux A/V inputs
for his playstation. best thing i ever bought for vacation. no more
"Are we there yet?"

Chad

thanks Chad

will look into it
Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin

Hey Pat,

You end up with any spare time to kill in SD give me a call!

JD

Pat M wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

Will do JD. Can I fill out an application while I am there? ;o) Just
joking.. Hope all is well in Directed Land. Talk to you soon.
--
Pat M

Pat M wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

Drove cross country with no problems unless you went into a tunnel or
through the Colorado Rockies which even then it stayed locked on. You go
under a bridge and it locks back on instantly.
--
Pat M
wrote:
Even an RV with satellite antenna has a problem staying locked in on an
orbiting satellite.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

The kid has a cheapo polaroid DVD player in the back seat strapped to the
head rest in a bag... Ghetto style

There are actually ways to utilize these "cheapo" portable DVD units and
integrate them into your system. One advantage is that they can be
stealthily hidden away (unlike a ceiling mounted LCD). I took some new
photos of mine and true, it does look a bit rigged, but it definitely helps
deter theft.

My Soundomain page: http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2359697
My own page (better pictures): http://www428.pair.com/mosfet/mtx.html

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
John Durbin

If well = busy then all is well... :-)

JD

shielding rca/component video J Tech 12 February 6th 06 01:59 PM
Synching Audio and Video: Newby Music Promo Production [email protected] Pro Audio 14 August 7th 05 04:27 AM
Wordclock&SMPTE in Composer/Digital system Rob Reedijk Pro Audio 7 February 10th 05 03:12 PM
FS: 400 Closeouts!! Video Game, Computer, Mobile A/V, Personal A/V Nexxon Car Audio 0 April 30th 04 07:53 AM
How to get video and/or audio tape to web site? ryanm Pro Audio 0 September 16th 03 12:47 AM