Chris Del Faro

Default Some words of thanks to Scott Dorsey, Mike Rivers, Ty Ford, et al...

Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Also hope the conspicuous absence of some past valued contributors may
somewhat be rectified for the better eventually too-meaning they come
back.

Chris
Don Nafe

Ditto

Whenever I see a reply to a post from any of these guys I always read it...
..loaded with little gems of wisdom.

thanks guys

Don

"Chris Del Faro" wrote in message
om...
Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Also hope the conspicuous absence of some past valued contributors may
somewhat be rectified for the better eventually too-meaning they come
back.

Chris

Dave Lang

I have to admit: when I see a thread with an interesting subject, but
the replies are numerous, and the "indent-level" is way too high, I
click on certain names to get the gist of what is happening.

Same here. It doesn't really matter what the subject is. There's
always value in reading what some of the contributors here post.

Some people just get kill filtered.

so it goes.

dave lang

Hev

"Chris Del Faro" wrote in message
om...
Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Also hope the conspicuous absence of some past valued contributors may
somewhat be rectified for the better eventually too-meaning they come
back.

Leave some room for the rest of us... your nose is brown enough now anyway.

-hev

P.S. All kidding aside I agree with this post. Thanks for your contribution
to this ng.

Ignace Dhont

Thanks for the time you guys put in. You have made me more aware of
some aspects of audio and I REALLY appreciate it!! Hats off.

Ignace Dhont

Thanks for the time you guys put in. You have made me more aware of
some aspects of audio and I REALLY appreciate it!! Hats off.
Ray Thomas

I'll chime in here and add my heartfelt thanks for all the invaluable advice
over the years, long may it continue !
Oh yeah, and get f*c%#d Phil, we don't need your negativity around
here....lol
"Don Nafe" wrote in message
. rogers.com...
[...]

---

Jim Kollens

Chris: Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Also hope the conspicuous absence of some past valued contributors may
somewhat be rectified for the better eventually too-meaning they come
back.

I hate to see good men slammed and especially the incredibly generous and
knowledgeable men you have mentioned.

Handywired

I concur. Scott, Mike, et al have been here since I started coming, which was
10 years ago or so. You could write a book with Mr. Dorsey's contributions
alone!

-jeff

TonyP

"Chris Del Faro" wrote in message
om...
Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Yes, but what about the greatest hero of this group for over 10 years, Dick
Pierce!
There's a man who never argues just for the sake of it, and always provides
sound knowledge with real *FACTS* to back it up.

TonyP.

Phil Allison

Trevor
roverT
"TonyP" ??????

Yes, but what about the greatest hero of this group for over 10 years,

Dick
Pierce!
There's a man who never argues just for the sake of it, and always

provides
sound knowledge with real *FACTS* to back it up.

** The absolute opposite of a notorious usenet piece of vermin like you
then.

............. Phil

TonyP

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
Yes, but what about the greatest hero of this group for over 10 years,

Dick
Pierce!
There's a man who never argues just for the sake of it, and always

provides
sound knowledge with real *FACTS* to back it up.

** The absolute opposite of a notorious usenet piece of vermin like you
then.

You are looking in the mirror I assume Phil.

TonyP.

Arny Krueger

"TonyP" wrote in message

Yes, but what about the greatest hero of this group for over 10
years, Dick Pierce!

Good question. I usually see his posts on some group someplace, when he's
posting. In the past, interruptions have been due to health reasons.

Google says he last posted the 7th of this month. Posting before that was
intermittent.

There's a man who never argues just for the sake of it, and always
provides sound knowledge with real *FACTS* to back it up.

Dick has about as perfect of a track record as I've seen.

Scott Dorsey

TonyP wrote:
Yes, but what about the greatest hero of this group for over 10 years, Dick
Pierce!
There's a man who never argues just for the sake of it, and always provides
sound knowledge with real *FACTS* to back it up.

The problem is that Dick gave up on this group nearly ten years ago, and is
hardly ever seen here any more. I think he still reads the .tech group, but
he is mostly to be seen on the pro-audio mailing list. He's a good fellow
and I have learned a lot from him over the years. But when the pro-audio list
started up, he was one of the first to leave.

Ty Ford

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 03:56:55 -0400, Chris Del Faro wrote
(in article ) :

Just a change of pace g from some of the recent negative threads
that have been popping up here. I sincerely thank those mentioned in
the subject line, along with other good folks like Harvey Gerst, Bob
Ohlsson, etc. who have contributed MANY hours of their valuable
time/knowledge over time to better enlighten others
like Yours Truly.

Also hope the conspicuous absence of some past valued contributors may
somewhat be rectified for the better eventually too-meaning they come
back.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the flowers.

BTW,

THERE IS NOW A NEWSGROUP FOR POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS BY PEOPLE WHO ALSO WANT TO
TALK AUDIO/.

IT'S CALLED rec.audio.misc

Some of the more thoughtful members of rec.audio.pro have found it and are no
longer posting OT stuff here. We would encourage EVERYONE who wants to talk
about OT stuff with audio people to add rec.audio.misc to their readers.

Thanks,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Pete Dimsman

Ty Ford wrote:

BTW,

THERE IS NOW A NEWSGROUP FOR POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS BY PEOPLE WHO ALSO WANT TO
TALK AUDIO/.

IT'S CALLED rec.audio.misc

Some of the more thoughtful members of rec.audio.pro have found it and are no
longer posting OT stuff here. We would encourage EVERYONE who wants to talk
about OT stuff with audio people to add rec.audio.misc to their readers.

What? Yeah, that is pretty thoughtful asking us to hijack another forum.
So who, exactly, has found this and is no longer posting OT stuff here?

Chris Del Faro

The REAL reason for posting the thread is to get free RAP CD's! g

If I was making more of a point to include the "stand-out" posters
specifically,
would also have included David Satz and Paul Stamler, but there's
really quite a few more.

Back in my younger years was astounded how rude a number of
professional AE's in various studios were (L.A. area). This was in
response to some easily answered questions in order to more
intelligently book studio time.

When I see a certain group of individuals contribute over a long
period of time
here, they're due some positive feedback IMHO.

Chris

Roger W. Norman

"Chris Del Faro" wrote in message
om...
The REAL reason for posting the thread is to get free RAP CD's! g

Then you mentioned the wrong people! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Roger W. Norman

Actually, that might be the better way to do it since it's an established
newsgroup, and as I've certainly supported establishing a place where RAP
members could go and discuss these OT topics, the RAM is just fine with me.
An off topic place where people could RAM topics down the throats of others!
g How appropriate.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Pete Dimsman" wrote in message

Ty Ford wrote:

BTW,

THERE IS NOW A NEWSGROUP FOR POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS BY PEOPLE WHO ALSO

WANT TO
TALK AUDIO/.

IT'S CALLED rec.audio.misc

Some of the more thoughtful members of rec.audio.pro have found it and

are no
longer posting OT stuff here. We would encourage EVERYONE who wants to

talk
about OT stuff with audio people to add rec.audio.misc to their readers.

What? Yeah, that is pretty thoughtful asking us to hijack another forum.
So who, exactly, has found this and is no longer posting OT stuff here?

Jordan Leff

Yes, a big thanks from me, too. I am someone, and I'm sure there are
many of us out there, who read here regularly but rarely post, and I'm
very thankful to the people who do. I have learned much from all of
you.
--
Jordan

A click for Mike Rivers apa Pro Audio 24 December 11th 04 03:24 PM
A click for Mike Rivers apa Pro Audio 0 May 27th 04 07:26 PM
A click for Mike Rivers apa Pro Audio 0 May 27th 04 07:26 PM
Scott Wheeler's extraordinary life. Lionel Audio Opinions 39 October 21st 03 08:03 PM
Paging Mr. Mike Rivers... Robin Pro Audio 0 September 24th 03 02:07 AM