Default 1895 Steinway B Grand Piano (New York)--In all fairness please fill out form below!!---sellers unwilling or unable to do so!!

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:57:17 -0700, "H. Emmerson Meyers"
wrote:

Well, I see that you did not answer the questions set forth below!!! Why
don't you tell us what was replaced and when?? Afraid to?? Don't know??

As for your claim that "Steinway appraises this piano as needing very little
work" I would like you to post the author of that statement or the document
that says that in writing. If you cannot do so, then I will assume that you
claim is a bunch of hot air, and rigthfully so!!!

I should really just let this go, but I'm feeling a little grumpy
right now so...

Did you think that we were selling a thousand pound instrument mail
order, sight unseen? Or is it perhaps more likely that we will have
personal contact with prospective buyers, at which time details will
be discussed?

Do you further think that everyone reads this group every day? I note
that your "inquiry" wasn't serious enough to bother EMAILING it to us.
I'm seeing both of your posts simultaneously. Neither one of them is
written in a way that suggests you are in any way really interested in
information about this piano, let alone interested in purchasing one.
Perhaps you're just trolling?

We will be happy to provide any information to serious buyers that
contact us. We further suggest that they not only visit and play the
piano but bring a piano tech with them as well. I would.

As for a the worth of an old piano, I can only point to the fact that
our other Steinway B (a youngster of only 90 years) was sold for over
30K to another professional recording studio.

Greg Guarino

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message
I think, out of my small experience, that a well done rebuild on a 100

year
old piano results in a superior piano. Sorcerer Sound was a well

respected
studio and I have no doubts that the maintenance on this particular piano
was exemplary, nor do I doubt that the $2000 for the finishing touches

would
result in a Steinway that is worth the $22k. In a current listing of
quality instruments a 1960 Steinway upright lists for $13k
(http://www.concertpitchpiano.com/For...inway_Upr.html.)
Additionally, at
http://www.countrypiano.com/showroom...nway94474.html you will
find a 1898 Victorian Rosewood at $59k.

Had this been in somebody's living room or music room, then you might be
right. An unused piano is one that's dying a long slow death, but to
discount it's sound without having heard it simply because it's one

hundred
years old doesn't hold water. If I had the $22k to purchase this baby and
have the work done, it would be sitting in my living room right now, with
mic cables permanently available via holes drilled for them down through

my
living room floor to the studio! g

One needs only look at the list of producers and artists to know that a

high
level of maintenance on their equipment and instruments was a necessity.
These are not people that would forget about your list of possible

problems,
but would indeed be proactive in making certain that none of your list
becomes a problem for their clients. Go to their website and pay

attention
to what you see.

And besides, were I going to plunk down $22k for an instrument, you'd best
damned believe that I'd be going up to New York to play it first. I can
drive over to Schaeffer and Sons and have my pick of their finely rebuilt
pianos.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"H. Emmerson Meyers" wrote in message
Excuse me but I believe your piano is severly overpriced. It is 98 years
old!!! Pianos are not like violins. They do not get better with age. And

as
far as that rebuild goes, what exactly was replaced and when??? Don't

you
think the readers deserve an answer before they plunk down 20G for an

almost
100 year old piano. I have set forth a list below for you to answer,

please
also indicate date of replacement for each item. The list is by no means
comprehensive.

hammers?
shanks?
action?
keys?
strings?
pins?
pin block?
bridges?
sound board?

"Greg" wrote in message
1895 Steinway B Grand Piano #84146. $20,000.00

This piano is at Sorcerer Sound Studio B in New York City, which
recently closed. It has been used on hundreds of albums. It was
rebuilt by the late Sam Camilleri.

Steinway appraises this piano as needing minor work, approximately
$2000, to make it compare with current Steinway rebuilts, which run
$52,000. Brand new Bs go for $62,000, but they can't compare with the
rich sound of this century-old masterpiece. Contact us at:

Sorcerer Sound
212-226-0480