Posted to rec.audio.tech
Si Si is offline

Default modding Musical Fidelity gear

Hi

I have a purchased a Musical Fidelity A5 CD player and amp which sound good
but I believe could use an overhaul. They offer to repair but apparently
have no upgrade or modding service. I have however seen several advertised
on ebay and through google searches.
Has anyone had such mods or updates done on their Musical Fidelity Hifi,
and what were they? Did they really make a big difference, ie was it worth
the cost?

Your input/experiences much appreciated,

Blu_glo

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

"Si" wrote in message
Hi

I have a purchased a Musical Fidelity A5 CD player and amp which sound
good but I believe could use an overhaul. They offer to repair but
apparently have no upgrade or modding service. I have however seen several
advertised on ebay and through google searches.
Has anyone had such mods or updates done on their Musical Fidelity Hifi,
and what were they? Did they really make a big difference, ie was it worth
the cost?

Your input/experiences much appreciated,

Blu_glo

On amps I think generally they replace electrolitics and check things like
bias voltages. Before and after observations are going to be subjective and
colored by the fact that observer just paid a bunch of money to get the
"after" version. Deterioration of electrolitic caps is common and there
would certainly be some comfort in knowing that you had all new ones and
could expect many more years of reliable service. But you could probably
replace the caps yourself for a good bit less than the service cost.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Federico Federico is offline

I know that Audiosophia mods Musical Fidelity
http://www.audiosophia.com/
F.