_Alex_

Default Soundstream Picasso Series Amplifier

Hi, I just want to know whether or not the Soundstream PIC2.880
Amplifer is suitable for driving subwoofers in comparison to the new
Rockford Fosgate Punch series (the 501s in particular). Its rated as
follows

220 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
440 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms
880 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms

I'm planning on running a Kicker comp subwoofer at the moment with the
possibily of upgrading to 2 subwoofers in the near future. The kicker
sub is rated at 150 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms. I know the power rating of the
picasso are more than enough for this subwoofer but in terms of
subwoofer amps which one of the two would be more suitable ?? Or can
anybody recommend other subwoofer Amps ? Any opions will be greatly
appreciated !
DJ TecThreat

its IMO that soundstream makes a nice amp.. i'm in fact thinking of buying
one to power my fronts in my truck. as far as the power ratings you gave
us, this should be more than enought to push that sub..

DJ TecThreat

"_Alex_" wrote in message
om...
Hi, I just want to know whether or not the Soundstream PIC2.880
Amplifer is suitable for driving subwoofers in comparison to the new
Rockford Fosgate Punch series (the 501s in particular). Its rated as
follows

220 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
440 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms
880 Watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms

I'm planning on running a Kicker comp subwoofer at the moment with the
possibily of upgrading to 2 subwoofers in the near future. The kicker
sub is rated at 150 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms. I know the power rating of the
picasso are more than enough for this subwoofer but in terms of
subwoofer amps which one of the two would be more suitable ?? Or can
anybody recommend other subwoofer Amps ? Any opions will be greatly
appreciated !

_Alex_

"DJ TecThreat" beaniATcharter.net wrote in message ...
its IMO that soundstream makes a nice amp.. i'm in fact thinking of buying
one to power my fronts in my truck. as far as the power ratings you gave
us, this should be more than enought to push that sub..

DJ TecThreat

Ok, thanks for your reply. But would you recommend the new JL Amps
over the picasso series to drive subwoofers ? I have read a lot of
reviews on the picasso series being great for the fronts and rears but
nothing on driving subwoofers ??