Posted to rec.audio.car
Fenny

Default Different make subs and amp?

Should you mix and match different manufacturers of amps and subwoofers? Is
it bad?

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

if the amps are going to different speaker types (IE- one amp for
mids/highs, one amp for subs) there is absolutely nothing wrong with
different amp models. The only instance I wouldn't use different
models is if you are using them to power the same speaker or set of
speakers, usually subwoofers since they can take more power.

I wouldn't mix and match subwoofers.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
John

Generally, mixing a sub and a different brand amp is perfectly fine, so
long as everything else is order spec/wiring wise power/ohm
load(impedence).

Mixing two different brand, model, or size subs is a bad idea, as is
mixing two different brand, model, or size amps going to the same
sub(s).

Using an elemental designs product or products, alone or with other
brands of equipment, is never a good idea...

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I wouldn't mix and match subwoofers.

What KU is trying to say (and everything he said is correct BTW) is that you
shouldn't use two different brands/sizes of subwoofers at the same time.

But mixing amps and subs is no problem at all. I use MTX subs but I drive
them with a Soundstream amp, no problem.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Your MTX subs can handle alot more then what your Soundstorm amp can put out.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
I wouldn't mix and match subwoofers.

What KU is trying to say (and everything he said is correct BTW) is that you
shouldn't use two different brands/sizes of subwoofers at the same time.

But mixing amps and subs is no problem at all. I use MTX subs but I drive
them with a Soundstream amp, no problem.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

How come the quote in Captain Howdy's post by MOSFET doesn't show up as
a post in my screen?

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

It's "Soundstream", not "Soundstorm" (that sounds like one of those
Kenford/Rockwood type brands). And you're right, especially because my
voltage drops dpwn to 12 volts when I'm really pushing it. I know, I know,
I need a Class D amp. An MTX Class D amp would do nicely.

MOSFET

wrote:
I wouldn't mix and match subwoofers.

What KU is trying to say (and everything he said is correct BTW) is that
you
shouldn't use two different brands/sizes of subwoofers at the same time.

But mixing amps and subs is no problem at all. I use MTX subs but I drive
them with a Soundstream amp, no problem.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

LOL Soundstorm is one of those Kenford/Rockwood brands. I just wanted to pick
on you again. LOL