Posted to rec.audio.car
Jason

Default Guessing game: what am I holding?

It's not really a GAME, I guess, but I'm trying to figure out what this
part is. I bought it several years ago and sat it in a drawer, but now
I can't remember why. I'm guessing that it's something to make my amp
rack work by remote, but all I know for a FACT is that I bought it for
my system!

Here's what I know:

1. It looks like a large relay.

2. It's made by Potter & Brumfield, part # A1M6-1617-179, and a search
on Google leads me to believe that it was distributed by Micro.

3. There are 3 panels. The first panel has 2 male slides (I'm assuming
a + and -), and the 2 other panels have 3 male slides (two right beside
of one another are labeled NC2 and NO3, and the other is towards the
middle of the panel and labeled COM1).

4. It has a spring-operated switch on the top, and when you press it,
it pushes a lever down on a white piece of plastic that makes a switch
go from one panel to another.

This is just a guess, but I think that you could take the 2 male slides
of the first panel, ground one, and touch the other to 12V to make the
switch flip one way or the other. This is why I'm guessing that I
bought it to work with my alarm.

Any ideas?

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"Jason" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I sounds like it is just a regular relay

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jason

I sounds like it is just a regular relay

The thing is, it's about 3 times the size of a regular relay. I have a
small collection of relays (accumulated over the years), and none of
them look anything like this.

Unless there's such a thing as an 8-prong relay with an exposed switch?

I might be wrong, but I think that I gave around $25 for this thing.