Posted to rec.audio.car
RuneW

Default Inverting display on P580MP driving me crazy!!!

The display in my P580MP inverts ca. every 10th second and it's driving
me crazy!!!

I'm no big fan of the "entertaining" Pioneer displays in the first
place, so I've turned off the "entertainment feature" making the unit
show simple information on a dark background. Nut it seems as if the
Pioneer unit just HAS to say "HI! I'M DOWN HERE! LOOK AT ME!!!"...

So every 10th second or so, the display INVERTS the colors (back to
blue and vice versa) and its extremely annoying and tehre's no way to
avoid being distracted by it.

So... is there a way to turn it off? That's the simple question. I've
read through the manual, but haven't found any info on this inverting
"feature". There was a yellow page in the package mentioning some
similar feature in the demo program, but turning it off didn't help.

Please, PLEASE help me, before I have to rip out the goddamn thing and
throw it in the river...

Rune Winsevik,
NORWAY

Posted to rec.audio.car
James

Yep, drove crazy for a couple of years. Then while driving with the the
stereo off, it was in the stupid "demo" mode I noticed the display read,
"push "5" key for reverse off" and "6" key for "demo off". I was about 5
minutes from selling the damn thing.
"RuneW" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
RuneW

I just tried it out in my car, and I think it worked. Thank you so
much!

-Rune

James skrev:
Yep, drove crazy for a couple of years. Then while driving with the the
stereo off, it was in the stupid "demo" mode I noticed the display read,
"push "5" key for reverse off" and "6" key for "demo off". I was about 5
minutes from selling the damn thing.
oups.com...