Drobnick

Default anyone record corporate events?

I was just wondering if anyone out their records corporate events. I
work as an A/V tech. and I also do live recordings. Anyway I see
week after week companies spending way too much for a recording of
their events.

$50 for the tape deck
$6 per 60 min tape
$50 an hour for a tech to monitor the recording

So they probably spend anywhere from $300 to $800 just to get a few
unedited tapes of dialogue that isn't edited an doesn't even sound
good. I figure if I can get some clients like these I could do
tracking for well under the amount they dish out charge around $300 to
edit and master the material.

Anyway does anyone out there do this? If so how do you go about
getting clients and is it all worth the effort? Thanks!
Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I see
week after week companies spending way too much for a recording of
their events.

$50 for the tape deck
$6 per 60 min tape
$50 an hour for a tech to monitor the recording

So they probably spend anywhere from $300 to $800 just to get a few
unedited tapes of dialogue that isn't edited an doesn't even sound
good.

Corporate clients care about only one thing and they're willing to pay
for it. They want the stuff there when it's needed, they want it to
disappear when it's not needed, and they want it to work. (OK, that's
three things) I think that price schedule is right in line except the
tape should be $10. These days many of them are asking for CDs, so
it's usually $75 for the deck (they use stand-alone recorders rather
than a computer and burning CDs afterward) and $5 for the disk.

I figure if I can get some clients like these I could do
tracking for well under the amount they dish out charge around $300 to
edit and master the material.

It's rare that recording is the only gig. You'd have to provide sound
reinforcement equipment and maybe video equipment too. They don't care
about saving a few hundred bucks if they have to book two companies.
And they're rarely interested in edited material.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

MP3 players that record MS General 18 December 5th 03 05:44 PM
Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction??? Jacob Kramer Audio Opinions 1094 September 9th 03 02:20 AM