Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.car
Tom[_4_] Tom[_4_] is offline

Default Max. size of USB flash-drive for car decks?

What's the largest size of a USB flash-drive (aka thumb-drive) that someone
has used successfully in a car deck with a USB port? And what was the make
& model of deck & flash-drive?

I keep reading about device errors above 2GB to 4GB but I was hoping to use
2X or 4X that capacity for MP3, WMA, etc.. An example would be the A-DATA
PD2 16GB model for $200. Specs on various head units say a "USB mass
storage device" w/USB 2.0 should be fully readable but I don't know what to
believe. Thanks for any info.

Tom