good4u

Default How Panasonic MP3/CD players determine MP3 Order?

I bought my parents a Panasonic MP3/CD player for Christmas, model
#CQ-DP383U.

I made them an MP3 CD using Adaptec EasyCD Creator 4(cause I'm used to
it).
I was able to fit 209 songs @ 128 kb/s. I also printed them out a
nice little book that has all the songs in the order that I THOUGHT I
burned them.

I was under the impression that regardless of whether it's the
software or the player(seems very debatable), that the songs will be
played in ALPHABETICAL order. So, knowing this, before each
track/file name, I typed "TRACK001 - ". For example: "TRACK129 -
More Than A Feeling".

But, to my surprise, the new Panasonic head unit does not play them in
this order at all!?

Does anyone know what the heck is going on here??

Also, when I'm trying to research this subject online, I will
sometimes see the term "image file". What the heck does an "image
file" have to do with MP3's??

THANKS ALL!
Chris

I also have a Panasonic MP3/Cd Deck. The order in which the files are
sorted in the preview menu before burning is the order in which the player
will play. Unless of course you have the shuffle option on lol!

Good Luck!
Chris

om...