SCOOTERTRS

Default Yamaha P120 Piano Midi out to Alesys Midiverb 4 Midi IN-How???

How do we set up the Yamaha P120 Piano Midi out and in to work with the Alesys
Midiverb 4 Midi in and outs?... I am new to midi and really having a problem
getting an answer from Yamaha or Alesys... any help will be greatly
appreciated...

thanks
Jeffrey S. Long

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm having a hard time
understanding why you would need those two particular pieces to
communicate via midi.

Jeff Long

ayno (SCOOTERTRS) wrote in message ...
How do we set up the Yamaha P120 Piano Midi out and in to work with the Alesys
Midiverb 4 Midi in and outs?... I am new to midi and really having a problem
getting an answer from Yamaha or Alesys... any help will be greatly
appreciated...

thanks

reddred

"SCOOTERTRS" wrote in message
How do we set up the Yamaha P120 Piano Midi out and in to work with the

Alesys
Midiverb 4 Midi in and outs?... I am new to midi and really having a

problem
getting an answer from Yamaha or Alesys... any help will be greatly
appreciated...

thanks

What are you trying to make happen? The midi on the alesis is for control
messages from a sequencer, they do not actually send or recieve any kind of
sound.

jb

SCOOTERTRS

thanks for the response... see how little I know about MIDI's?

what I originally wanted to do was hook up our guitar player's Roland GR-33 to
the keyboard... and since the Alesys had midi in and out, I figured I could at
least get the Alesys talking to the Keyboard and when he came to practice with
his GR-33, I oculd be ready to use it ... if doable? I guess it is more
complicated than I thought... The GR-33 works with the Guitar Midi pickup, but
no word on how to use with the keyboard...

Can it be done? If so, any idea how?

thanks
'

John L Rice

"SCOOTERTRS" wrote in message
thanks for the response... see how little I know about MIDI's?

what I originally wanted to do was hook up our guitar player's Roland

GR-33 to
the keyboard... and since the Alesys had midi in and out, I figured I

could at
least get the Alesys talking to the Keyboard and when he came to practice

with
his GR-33, I oculd be ready to use it ... if doable? I guess it is more
complicated than I thought... The GR-33 works with the Guitar Midi

pickup, but
no word on how to use with the keyboard...

Can it be done? If so, any idea how?

thanks
'

MIDI doesn't pass audio, just control signals. I'm probably
misunderstanding what you want to do but just try hooking the audio out of
your keyboard into the audio in of the MidiVerb. Hook the MIDI OUT of the
GR-33 to the MIDI IN of your keyboard. If you want the keyboard's patch
changes and mod wheels to control the MidiVerb hook the MIDI OUT of the
keyboard to the MIDI IN of the MidiVerb. If you want the GR-33 to control
the MidiVerb hook the MIDI THRU from the KEYBOARD to the MIDI IN of the
MidiVerb. ( The MIDI THRU connection passes thru midi signal that come into
the midi in out to additional devices, so you can daisy chain etc )

Here's a couple links to read up on :
http://www.harmony-central.com/MIDI/Doc/tutorial.html

http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tutr/miditutr.htm

Best of luck!