ReEfErMaDnEsS

Default WTB: Ohm Walsh F

Please let me know what you have with pictures.

reply to

reeferdube at comcast dot net

Prometheus

Its been many years since I have seen or even thought of OHM Walsh
loudspeakers but a there are currently 2 pairs on http://www.eBay.com.
Search for ohm walsh

My opinion, now as it was then is that they can fill a room will sound but
do not accurately reproduce music.

Listen to a pair before you purchase.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
Please let me know what you have with pictures.

reply to

reeferdube at comcast dot net

ReEfErMaDnEsS

thanks...neither of those are Walsh F's...I own a pair of Walsh 1's and they
sound amazing and very accurate.....thanks for your opinion...unfortunately
it's not a popular one.

"Prometheus" wrote in message
Its been many years since I have seen or even thought of OHM Walsh
loudspeakers but a there are currently 2 pairs on http://www.eBay.com.
Search for ohm walsh

My opinion, now as it was then is that they can fill a room will sound but
do not accurately reproduce music.

Listen to a pair before you purchase.

"ReEfErMaDnEsS" wrote in message
Please let me know what you have with pictures.

reply to

reeferdube at comcast dot net

Alan Polinsky

I've been impressed over the yers with the Walsh line of Ohm speakers. I
remember hearing their original speaker, the Ohm A. It sounded
wonderful, though I understand it needed an enormous amount of power and
tended to overheat and melt when adequately powered. The F's were a
wonderful compromise. Unfortunately, if you look at the ohmspeaker.com
website, you will find that they view the Ohm F's as not being
repairable, and they are beyond their expected life. Evidently there was
only one person who worked on them, and he has either died or retired.
Perhaps you might search out the current line which has the Walsh 5 in
limited production. It included a Walsh driver and a super tweeter.

Alan Polinsky

ReEfErMaDnEsS wrote:
Please let me know what you have with pictures.

reply to

reeferdube at comcast dot net

wesley

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:27:11 +0000, ReEfErMaDnEsS wrote:

interesting....I've done a fair amount of research on them and haven't run
into a lack of high's reported from anyone....got any documentation on this
or anything close...where did they mount the tweeter???

thanks

I owned a set of Ohm F's back in the late 1970s and loved them, though I
never really had the power they needed. Properly set up, they had a very
ephemeral sound. Then I moved, kids came, and so on.

A bit over a year ago I went speaker shopping for the first time in 20
years and auditioned a pair of Ohm 200 Mk IIs. (Available only from the
factory and one dealer, mail order, but with a good trial period.) They
were very good, but just didn't quite have the magic I remembered.

Actually ended up returning the Ohms and bought a set of Magnapan 1.6QRs
which I've really enjoyed.