Analogeezer

Default Yamaha MG 10/2 mixer vs. similar Behringer and Alesis 8-10 channel mixers

(dnrg) wrote in message . com...
Any thoughts on this? Is the build quality of the Yamaha better than
what you'd get with an equivalent Behringer or Alesis mixer? Mackies
are definitely out of my price range. They simply couldn't be worth
twice the money (or nearly so).

I see the Yamaha MG 10/2 going for $99 online and in catalogs, but
I've learned in the past that prices listed for gear, even when
advertised as "sale" prices, allow for some negotiation and
bargaining. What should I pay for one of these or an equivalent
Behringer?

Unfortunately I haven't seen a lot of bargains on eBay for mixers in
my price range with 8-10 channels. I'd prefer to buy a good quality
mixer used.

Thanks in advance.

- Dana

I came across one of the 16 channel Yamaha MG's in a store and was
astounded at how well built it was. Like much of the Behringer stuff
it does use an external PS but the Yamaha seemed to be of a much
higher quality, at least physical quality. I have no idea what they
sound like, but it's probably no worse or no better than the Behringer
and Alesis stuff.

Other than their high end live sound stuff, Yamaha has never been
known as a great mixer company, but I think these new cheap ones would
be worth checking out.

The Alesis stuff looks like it's made in the same factory as the
Behringer stuff...

At this price point you can't really expect much, but I'd say the
build quality of the yamaha is better than the other two, and you
would be dealing with a company that stands behind their products with
service and support.

Alesis and Behringer are a bit flaky in that regard.

I wouldn't expect to get a substantial savings off the $99, think of
how low the margin must be on that product....it is only $99 after
all, that's only $99.

If you really don't want to spend $99 just buy one of the cheaper
older behringers that are still around for $59 or so.

Analogeezer