Jon Yaeger

Default Opinions on tube?

I recently bought several 6H9c tubes on eBay for a song. They are supposed
to be "drop in replacements" for 6SL7. Just wondering if anyone had used
them or have an opinion on this device.

TIA,

Jon

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Jon Yaeger wrote:

I recently bought several 6H9c tubes on eBay for a song. They are supposed
to be "drop in replacements" for 6SL7. Just wondering if anyone had used
them or have an opinion on this device.

They are cheap and not rare, so they are terrible

I have never used them. I have used the Russian 6SN7 (another "terrible"
tube), and they sound fine to me.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen
Tom Schlangen

Hi Jon,

I recently bought several 6H9c tubes on eBay for a song.
They are supposed to be "drop in replacements" for 6SL7.

They are drop-ins.

Just wondering if anyone had used them or have an opinion
on this device.

I use them regularly in breadboard state of things, because
I will not risc to damage my NOS Sylvanias.

I admit that in most amps I built I hardly can hear a difference
between Reflektor plant 6H9C and other supposed to be excellent
6SL7 brands.

Tom

Fabio Berutti

I used them as long-tail phase splitter/driver in a 6V6 PP amp I built for a
friend. The ones I had were not "Reflektor" but "Novosibirsk" (pentagon
logo): they ARE 6SL7s and they're VERY good tubes just like the 6SN7
produced by the same factory: if You scratch the logos away You cannot tell
these tubes apart from a Fivre or any other EU NOS, just the glass of the
CCCP ones is usually thicker. The same circuit&tube is going to be used in
my next "flagship" amp 'cause I found the sound of these triodes absolutely
wonderful: I swapped them with JAN-Philips, Russian Melz (metal base,
military grade) and Sylvanias and noticed no improvement, they're absolutely
crystal clear. I bet the Reflektors are not worse.
"Unfortunately" they're cheap and easy to get, therefore they're not
appreciated.

Briefly, You made a good deal.

Ciao

Fabio

Recommend a ~$400 2-channel tube mic-preamp? £ Î Z @ R Ð Pro Audio 183 November 15th 18 11:20 PM
Tube Opinions Trader Vacuum Tubes 3 July 26th 04 04:34 AM
Looking for an "original" 6U5 Tuning Eye Tube MDCalvert Vacuum Tubes 6 April 21st 04 10:36 AM
AVO tube tester II and VCM 163 - HELP [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 2 April 13th 04 11:14 PM
Understanding Tube Testers (LONG) David Forsyth Vacuum Tubes 7 September 16th 03 12:33 AM