GV

Default 2-volt versus 4-volt wires

when i check out the amount of preamp outputs on the back of head
units, i see that the outputs are either 2-volt or 4-volt. i think
that 2volt is the regular naked wire in the normal plastic shell, and
4volt is whats commonly called RCA cables (the red,white and yellow
types from video inputs on tvs) am i correct with this stuff?
MZ

when i check out the amount of preamp outputs on the back of head
units, i see that the outputs are either 2-volt or 4-volt. i think
that 2volt is the regular naked wire in the normal plastic shell, and
4volt is whats commonly called RCA cables (the red,white and yellow
types from video inputs on tvs) am i correct with this stuff?

No, both are RCAs. The distinction doesn't matter. They're both compatible
with aftermarket amps.

GV

Thanks MZ, so do i assume there are non-RCA channels for my speakers
on the head unit even if its not listed on the Specs? I dont know if
this is old-fashioned now or if everyone still uses them

"MZ" wrote in message ...
when i check out the amount of preamp outputs on the back of head
units, i see that the outputs are either 2-volt or 4-volt. i think
that 2volt is the regular naked wire in the normal plastic shell, and
4volt is whats commonly called RCA cables (the red,white and yellow
types from video inputs on tvs) am i correct with this stuff?

No, both are RCAs. The distinction doesn't matter. They're both compatible
with aftermarket amps.

MZ

Thanks MZ, so do i assume there are non-RCA channels for my speakers
on the head unit even if its not listed on the Specs? I dont know if
this is old-fashioned now or if everyone still uses them

Most of the time there are speaker outputs. If you see the word "Watt"
anywhere on the box or in the specs, then you know that there are.