Happy Feather

Default Crosley CR79-CD (4-in-1) with Spring Clip Terminal

Excuse my ignorance on this subject.

I have a pair of Bose powered speakers that I want to use on the back
of a Crosley CR79-CD that has a spring clip terminal.

What I have is an RCA cable that I snipped the two jacks (one RED and
one WHITE) off of one end... and what I need to know is this...

Inside each snipped wire is another plastic-coated wire...
RED inside one wire... WHITE inside the other wire.

Do I ALSO expose the inside wire and twist it together with the
outside portion of the same wire before I connect the newly blended
wire to their designated RED/BLACK terminals?

And after doing this, will it be safe to connect my powered Bose
speakers to the SPRING CLIP TERMINAL without harming the speakers or
the CR79-CD?