Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Anseo

Default Looking for a mic arm & spin that is FLEXIBLE and does not sag

A couple of years ago I was at a radio station were they had super
flexible mic arms: you just grabbed the mic, moved it freely *any*
desired position and there it stayed as you let go of the mic.

Real easy, flexible and precise. Much better IMHO than the
conventional mic stands I see everywhere in studios or at concerts. I
find these rather clumsy for a difficult angle when recording
acoustical instruments. As a matter of fact, I find several things on
conventional mic stands & spins design not so clever. Also, some of
them sag.

My question: does anyone know how these "radio" mic arms are called,
do they exist as boom stands for in the studio and does anyone know a
spin that you can turn all directions (not just up and down)?

Thanks.