Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

Default About Dave deafness...

In , dave weil wrote :

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:15:14 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

dave weil a écrit :
Sounds
to me that I intuitively recognized this hole (surely you don't claim
that there is NO midrange possible with this configuration) that
you're discussing.

Unlike yours in this review MY STATEMENT is very simple : there's a hole
in the high-midrange between 1 khz and 3 khz.
If you don't know about this frequency range you still can check with
the midi tools of your computer... ;-)

Don't tell THIS DIY'er:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker13.html

Of course, his crossover is set at a trivial 200 hz lower than Mr.
Singh's. But that VIFA woofer doesn't have anything going on at 1 khz
either. And yet, people seem to like THAT design as well, and don't
complain that a wedge of sound has been removed...

http://www.audiodiycentral.com/milwaukee090403.shtml
" Great job on the crossover and driver integration John, very
seamless. I really liked how they imaged as well, they seemed to be
one of the best, but still tough to tell in a DIY meeting environment,
where set-up isn't quite like it is done in your own listening
environment".

Guess I'm not the only one with "hearing problems"...

LOL !!! VERY GOOD !!!!
You are really a joke Dave. You shouldn't speak about things that you don't
know and that you don't understand...
Explanations... Both articles are speaking about the W14RC-25 which is the
lovely little woofer *I* use and not about the W20RC38 that Trotsky use in
the Europa you have reviewed.
Why are you so slow and so dense, Dave ?

Thank you for making an ass of yourself one more time and thnak you for
congratulate my choice. ;-)

PS : you still have hearing problem...

Sorry you lose,

Again.

:-D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

Default Dave, the deaf audio reviewer...

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:01:23 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

Poor little Lionel...that chip keeps getting bigger and bigger and
bigger...and now you've come down to lying about what people have
written. SHAME ON YOU!

Shame on *you* Dave. You are playing the audio expert and you are just
showing us that you are totaly unable to make the difference between a good
a ****ty speaker.
Dave Weil, the only speaker reviewer who uses is intuition rather than his
hearing. What a joke. :-D

Actually it's YOU who's playing "audio expert". I never made such a
claim, and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else. YOU, on the other hand,
haven't heard the speaker in question and you are basing your comments
on ephemeral stuff.

BTW, I note that you never admitted your lie regarding my review. Too
embarassed to admit that you are pre-Altheimer's, or have you already
forgotten?

Oh yeah, we have different ideas about what "lean" means. Such a
description is necessarily "subjective" anyway. And since your command
of the English language is pretty suspect anyway, I'll just put it
down to cultural differences. MY idea of "lean" is lacking fullness
and "thickness" and this manifests itself mostly in the midrange,
although it can apply to bass as well. Your mileage may vary. But mine
woud never include HF when it comes to using the term "lean". Nor have
I ever seen anyone talk about "lean" and HF.

Perhaps you might think of lean in terms of size, not direction
chuckle.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

Default Help with speaker decison

Derrick Fawsitt said:

Did you return the Quads?

Yes, they are very faulty and probably need all their vital organs
replaced which in fairness to the dealer he is doing. They are going
down to Quad and when they come back I can make up my mind.

That's good to hear.
You will be pleasantly surprised when they get back :-)

I know, and with my problem in choosing it really "throws the cat
amongst the pigeons" in that I am now even more confused.
One thing though, and this from a layman having the nerve to express his
opinion in this erudite Newsgroup, I have some very knowledgeable
friends connected with the Piano and they have always maintained that
its the hardest instrument to record. If this is so and the Bosendorfer
is reputably so good at it then surely it means its no mean reproducer
of orchestral music etc. ?
I would be interested in your comments on this. Bye the way, I won't be
able to try them out until the end of next week after which I will, if I
may, report back here.

I have no experience with the Bosendorfers, but for piano, I found one
speaker that does the piano sound right: the Magnepan series.

I've never heard any other speaker that does so many things *right* on
piano playback, despite some other flaws they have in the low end and
dispersion department

Yes, not even the 63 ... :-).

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

Derrick Fawsitt said:

RAO is the Usenet equivalent of a pub.

Well then, cheers!! Have one on me.

Thanks pal, but I don't drink alcohol :-)

Enjoy your Quads when they're back in good shape, one of the finest
speakers around IMHO.
Take some time to place them correctly, this is extremely important
with dipole speakers.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :
[...]

Tell me how he solves the "1 khz - 3 khz" problem?

On the other hand, don't. g.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
Sander deWaal wrote:

I have no experience with the Bosendorfers, but for piano, I found one
speaker that does the piano sound right: the Magnepan series.

I've never heard any other speaker that does so many things *right* on
piano playback, despite some other flaws they have in the low end and
dispersion department

Yes, not even the 63 ... :-).

If I were forced to give up the Quads, I'd take the 3.6 in exchange.

BTW, the new Martin Logan Summit seems okay.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

Default About Dave deafness...and Lionel possibly lying

LOL, you was just writing : "bloom in the midrange"
You are a liar but it's not new... :-)

Apparently, I WASN'T "writing" "bloom in the midrange". Or maybe
Lionel has a citation...

Let's see how long it takes for Lionel to admit that he was either
lying OR completely mistaken about the gist of my review.

Don't hold your breath, though...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

dave weil said:

Let's see how long it takes for Lionel to admit that he was either
lying OR completely mistaken about the gist of my review.

His role model for the "debating trade" is Dirty K. They share the motto
"Never admit error because your enemies will see how weak you are."

Don't hold your breath, though...

Only when I'm in Goose Pointe, thanks. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dizzy

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:30:31 -0500, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

"Lionel" wrote:

Why do you care since you cannot make the difference anymore ?

Thanks for spellchecking your gibberish.

Hehe.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:38:01 -0500, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

dave weil said:

Let's see how long it takes for Lionel to admit that he was either
lying OR completely mistaken about the gist of my review.

His role model for the "debating trade" is Dirty K. They share the motto
"Never admit error because your enemies will see how weak you are."

And, as we can see, he's taken a powder. (I wonder how THAT phrase
will translate in his "English Generator")?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default Audio qwestions to George Minimus Middius...

"Lionel" wrote in message
George Minus Middius a écrit :

Derrick Fawsitt said:

Sorry folks, but I have say as a newcomer to this Newsgroup who is
wrestling with ESl63's, Bosendorfers, B and W's and the like trying to
find a really good speaker without breaking the bank,

If you get the Quads, you'll probably need a sub.

How many time have you spent listening to Quads speakers, eh George ?
What was the system configuration ?

\

Tell us what you know about them.
Do you think that they don't need a sub?
Can you find a sub that's a good match?
Even after doing all that, why would some people still be dissatisfied?
What is your opinion of quads? That is of more interest to me
than what is your opinion of George.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

In , dave weil wrote :

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :
[...]

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
the nasty discussions I have with
Mr Arthur Tsechmeister.

BTW I haven't any usefull information to give you concerning the ES163 BUT
I *strongly* suggest you to purchase some Focal Speakers because I'm
living near Saint Etienne in France and so it's good for local business.

How dotes tha give you more sewers to inspect?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

Poor little Lionel...that chip keeps getting bigger and bigger and
bigger...and now you've come down to lying about what people have
written. SHAME ON YOU!

Shame on *you* Dave. You are playing the audio expert and you are just
showing us that you are totaly unable to make the difference between a
good a ****ty speaker.
Dave Weil, the only speaker reviewer who uses is intuition rather than his
hearing. What a joke. :-D

...and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else.

We agree on that that's exactly my point a deaf user review...
I never pretend anything else.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:54:42 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

How about that acknowledgement that you completely misinterpreted my
review by claiming that I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:58:33 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

...and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else.

We agree on that that's exactly my point a deaf user review...
I never pretend anything else.

Except that I talked about "bloated midrange".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :
Sounds
to me that I intuitively recognized this hole (surely you don't claim
that there is NO midrange possible with this configuration) that
you're discussing.

Unlike yours in this review MY STATEMENT is very simple : there's a hole
in the high-midrange between 1 khz and 3 khz.
If you don't know about this frequency range you still can check with
the midi tools of your computer... ;-)

Don't tell THIS DIY'er:

http://www.zaphaudio.com/audio-speaker13.html

Of course, his crossover is set at aDo you know what is a notch filter,

Dave ? trivial 200 hz lower than Mr.
[...]

The W14RC25 as a *bumping* problem over 2 khz which is *totally* different
from a lack of response or distortion.
Do you know what is a notch filter, old man ?

Are you understand what you are speaking about old Dave ?
You are speaking about different drivers than those used in Trotsky's Europa
speakers.
Do you understand the word *DIFFERENT*, Dave ?

Why are you insisting like that to make an ass of yourself, eh Deaf-Dave ?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

Default George what about your Quads speakers experience ?

George Minimus Middius wrote :

George I'm still waiting for an answer about Quads speakers...
Don't tell me you are once again quoting the "overwhelmining consensus of
the opinion of audio connoisseurs" ?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

dave weil said:

Let's see how long it takes for Lionel to admit that he was either
lying OR completely mistaken about the gist of my review.

His role model for the "debating trade" is Dirty K. They share the motto
"Never admit error because your enemies will see how weak you are."

And, as we can see, he's taken a powder. (I wonder how THAT phrase
will translate in his "English Generator")?

1) " A dust is carried."
2) " It is taken a powder."
3) " His that is received a dust."
4) "They take a dust him."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

...and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else.

We agree on that that's exactly my point a deaf user review...
I never pretend anything else.

Except that I talked about "bloated midrange".

Something which doesn't exist cannot be bloated...

Sorry Dave,

You lose,

Again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

You have quoted

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

You are a

How about that acknowledgement that you completely misinterpreted my
review by claiming that I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

What misinterpretation Dave ?
Have you written that Europa are very mediocre speakers ?
Did I miss that ?
You haven't written that Europa are mediocre speakers because you cannot
hear correctly what's the frequency range between 1 khz and 3 khz.
I'm not lying Dave, I'm just talking about your infirmity.

Once again something which doean't exist cannot be "bloated".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

If you study the link I posted to you and the link you posted to me. You
have all the material to built a good comparison.
Since you are too lazy and conceited I seriously doubt that you'll do
that. :-)

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

Yes but you need my caution to notice that. Do you know why ?
Because you have done a google search using "Silver Flute" and you have
jumped on the first records returned without any prealable verification.
This is *your* problem Dave you are a compulsive "Google quoter" most of
the time you don't understand what you are quoting.

This particular case is a very good illustration of your very limited
knowledge

How about that acknowledgement that you completely misinterpreted my
review by claiming that I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

What misinterpretation Dave ?
Have you written that Europa are very mediocre speakers ?
Did I miss that ?
You haven't written that Europa are mediocre speakers because you cannot
hear correctly what's the frequency range between 1 khz and 3 khz.
I'm not lying Dave, I'm just talking about your infirmity.

Once again something which doesn't exist cannot be "bloated".
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jack Dotson

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
Derrick Fawsitt said:

[...]

I've been using the 1.6's, and yes, they do a very good job on piano.
However, because of their limitations and the fact that I use my system for
HT most of the time I've been looking long and hard for replacements. My
search ended with the purchase of a pair of Energy Veritas 2.3i's. A
dynamic speaker that gets the mid range right and one of the sweetest
tweeters to be had. Not quite as good as the Maggie's for piano, but a
damned fine job none the less. All around great little speaker.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

...and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else.

We agree on that that's exactly my point a deaf user review...
I never pretend anything else.

Except that I talked about "bloated midrange".

Something which doesn't exist cannot be bloated...

According to you, I said that. And it indicated a "hearing loss".

Sorry Dave,

I lose,

Again.

Agreed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

You have quoted

Ooops, looks like writus interruptus.

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

You are a

Another case of WI.

How about that acknowledgement that you completely misinterpreted my
review by claiming that I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

What misinterpretation Dave ?
Have you written that Europa are very mediocre speakers ?

Nope.

Did I miss that ?

You haven't written that Europa are mediocre speakers because you cannot
hear correctly what's the frequency range between 1 khz and 3 khz.

Wrong.

I'm not lying Dave, I'm just talking about your infirmity.

You should worry about your own.

Once again something which doean't exist cannot be "bloated".

According to you, there IS midrange present.

You lose.

Again.

Once again, you have failed to prove your case. Looks like you've got
a fool for a client.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

If you study the link I posted to you and the link you posted to me. You
have all the material to built a good comparison.

Perhaps you should take the time to explain how the speakers differ
*significantly8 in the discussed range.

Since you are too lazy and conceited I seriously doubt that you'll do
that. :-)

Already did it.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

Yes but you need my caution to notice that. Do you know why ?
Because you have done a google search using "Silver Flute" and you have
jumped on the first records returned without any prealable verification.
This is *your* problem Dave you are a compulsive "Google quoter" most of
the time you don't understand what you are quoting.

Only one of us has actually HEARD the speaker that I reviewed, and it
isn't YOU.

Poor old married Frenchman. Can only dotter in his easy chair with
some old elevator music...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
audio_acquisitions

Jack,

For US$2,750.00 you should be able to put yourself together a nice
Paradigm FOH rig. Studio 40s with stands, CC-570, and Siesmic10 sub.
This Paradigm combo is awesome for HT.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

"Lionel" wrote in message
: In , dave weil wrote :
: Tell me how he solves the "1 khz - 3 khz" problem?
:
: The which as a *bumping* problem over 2 khz
: W14RC25 is *totally* different
: from a lack of response or distortion.
: Do you notch know what is a filter, old man ?
:
: Are you understand what you are speakers about old Dave ?
: You are speakah about different drivers than those used in Trotsky's Europa
: speakers.
: Do you understand the word *DIFFERENT*, Dave ?
:
: Why are you doing the
: insisting like that to make of yourself an ass , eh Deaf-Dave ?

Congratulations for adding another debating trade tactic:
complete obfuscation, doublespeak and manglaria Style Lionel
:-)
R.
bump ahead

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

Default More Weil's lies about his deafness... :-)

dave weil wrote :

I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

Since that Dave have finally understood that we were speaking of the upper
midrange he has subtly censured the begining of his sentence... ;-)
Hey Dave where have disappeared the word : "bass/lower midrange".

"They certainly aren't "lean" in the upper bass/lower midrange. A little bit
"bloated""

Why do you feel obliged to lie about what you have written Dave ?
Is it such a big problem for you to recognize that you have hearing
problem ?
I cannot believe that you are placing your honor above your hearing. I'm
really sorry for you old man. :-D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

dave weil wrote :

So, you were lying with the comment about "bloated midrange".

Why are you still lying about your review Dave ?
You were speaking of "upper bass/lower midrange" and we are speaking know
about upper midrange and low trebble in the 1 khz to 3 khz.

I remember that you told me one day that you were a very good musician so I
give you now the A = 440 hz... ;-)

Don't tell me that you were also lying about your musician talent ? No, Dave
please... :-D
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

Default More lies from Deaf-Dave

wrote:

...and my review was not a "technical" review, but a "user's
review". I never pretended anything else.

We agree on that that's exactly my point a deaf user review...
I never pretend anything else.

Except that I talked about "bloated midrange".

Something which doesn't exist cannot be bloated...

According to you, I said that. And it indicated a "hearing loss".

Lying again Dave ?
Your comment was describing the "upper bass/lower midrange"

Sorry Dave,

I win,

Again.

Agreed.

Your are now a proved liar, Dave

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

[...]

Yes lower midrange are present but not upper ones.

Sorry you lie,

Again.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

And yes, I know that it's a different tweeter, albeit one with pretty
much the same FR range...

Not only different tweeter, Dave, just fully differents drivers.
Have you forget what we are speaking about ?
Why are you insisting to make an ass of yourself ?

You still haven't shown how the 20 can't do a similar thing that the
14 can. There's so comparable FR chart to the one that you linked to.

If you study the link I posted to you and the link you posted to me. You
have all the material to built a good comparison.

Perhaps you should take the time to explain how the speakers differ
*significantly8 in the discussed range.

Why should I do that since you cannot hear the difference ?
A little drawing is better than a long discourse, watch the drawings old man
they will show you what you are missing. :-D

Since you are too lazy and conceited I seriously doubt that you'll do
that. :-)

Already did it.

Sorry, you lose.

Again.

Sorry you lie,

Again. :-)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

(and yes, i meant to write tweeter AND woofer - I'll take that hit).

Yes but you need my caution to notice that. Do you know why ?
Because you have done a google search using "Silver Flute" and you have
jumped on the first records returned without any prealable verification.
This is *your* problem Dave you are a compulsive "Google quoter" most of
the time you don't understand what you are quoting.

Only one of us has actually HEARD the speaker that I reviewed, and it
isn't YOU.

So why do you feel obliged to lie about your review, eh Dave ?

Poor old married Frenchman.

One pretends that deafness is in relation with masturbation...

Can only dotter in his easy chair with
some old elevator music...

LOL, I just know that you are proud to live in the capital of the
marshmallow music. :-D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

In , Ruud Broens wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
: In , dave weil wrote :
[...]

The only interesting question to put to Dave Weil is why he felt obliged to
lie about his speaker review. Why did he place his honor below his
hearing ?
Sad...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

dave weil wrote :

I had said "bloated midrange" in regard to the
speaker? Was it a lie or just a complete breakdown in memory?

Since that Dave have finally understood that we were speaking of the upper
midrange he has subtly censured the begining of his sentence... ;-)
Hey Dave where have disappeared the word : "bass/lower midrange".

"They certainly aren't "lean" in the upper bass/lower midrange. A little bit
"bloated""

Why do you feel obliged to lie about what you have written Dave ?
Is it such a big problem for you to recognize that you have hearing
problem ?
I cannot believe that you are placing your honor below your hearing. I'm
really sorry for you old man. :-D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

dave weil wrote :

So, you were lying with the comment about "bloated midrange".

Why are you still lying about your review Dave ?
You were speaking of "upper bass/lower midrange" and we are speaking now
about upper midrange and low trebble in the 1 khz to 3 khz.

I remember that you told me one day that you were a very good musician so I
give you now the A...440 hz... Can you hear it ? ;-)

Don't tell me that you were also lying about your musician talent ? No, Dave
please... :-D
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , dave weil wrote :

LOL, I just know that you are proud to live in the capital of the
marshmallow music. :-D

I thought accordian 'music' came from your
neck of the woods.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

It was YOU who wrote:

"LOL, you was just writing : "bloom in the midrange"

to start this whole thing off. THAT'S where "bass/lower midrange"
disappeared.

Sorry old man, I'm out of this conversation since you are completely
lost. Now back to your squalid little family. Don't sorry, you'll be
a grandfather soon...