Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion

Default Does a Walkman CD/MP3 player fast forward thru MP3 files?

I'm thinking of getting a Sony Walkman CD/MP3 player (model D-NE320 or
D-NF420), however, I'm wondering if either one of these is able to fast
foward thru an MP3 file (ie: advance or rewind a few seconds in the
middle of the song). I've checked the online manual and all it says is
that's it's not possible to do it IF the mp3 file CD is written in
packet format, which would be UDF format, but in another part of the
manual it states that it only supports Joliet format CDs ... so I
thought I'd just try to find out from people who've actually used it

Thanks,
Harry

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
cruiser

On 29 Nov 2005 11:54:27 -0800, wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a Sony Walkman CD/MP3 player (model D-NE320 or
D-NF420),

You'll be VERY sorry, because nikes are CRAP!
Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion

Any specific thing that makes them bad?

Thanks,
Harry

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
Dred

why would you buy a cd/mp3 player? choose one or the other. personally,
if you have a computer i can't imagine why you would want a cd player
unless you like carrying around the extra weight.

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion

Actually I subscribe to a magazine that I get in CD MP3 format and I
already have a flash based MP3 player, but I find it too much hassle to
transfer the MP3's from the CD to the player, I would much rather just
pop the CD into a portable player and go.

Thanks,
Harry

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
cruiser

On 29 Nov 2005 12:22:19 -0800, wrote:

Any specific thing that makes them bad?

Everything.
Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
NRen2k5

Dred wrote:
why would you buy a cd/mp3 player? choose one or the other. personally,
if you have a computer i can't imagine why you would want a cd player
unless you like carrying around the extra weight.

I personally kind of like MP3-CD players. CD's are very cheap (and
pretty good!) storage for MP3's. Not to mention, when you buy a CD at
the local store, you can listen to it right away - instead of having to
bring it back home and rip it to the computer and transfer it to the
player. Just put the CD in the player.

- NRen2k5
Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
FatKat

Dred wrote:
why would you buy a cd/mp3 player? choose one or the other. personally,
if you have a computer i can't imagine why you would want a cd player
unless you like carrying around the extra weight.

I think he means a CD player that plays mp3-encoded disks. I have a
Panasonic - a cheap one. The point is that it will play music off a CD
holding about 700 mb of MP3 music for less than the price of a 512mb
player. You don't have to reload music - just swap burnt CD-R's which
you'd probably burn anyway even if you had an iPod, since you'd want to
archive your music. As for weight...the other day I stumbled on my
first CD player, a circa 1987 monster which ran on 4 AA batteries. Now
that was extra weight. Ofcourse there's still the problem that on (at
least some) CD players, you won't get ID tags, you won't be able to
skip w/i MP3 files, and you can only play your files in order rather
than suffle between them as you probably could on a flash player.
Personally, it's a small price to pay for paying the smaller price for
one of those players.

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
iRobot

I tried the MP3 FF & FR on a D-NE326CK & it works. This player is the same
as the 320, but includes a car kit. It does it quite well, the sound does
not get blanked out, but it sounds like skips. It's not like a normal CD-DA
where it is just increased speed, the MP3s kind of skip ahead with audio
though.
It is probably the same on the D-NF420 also, I can try that one later if you
want me to. The NE326 was easier to get to right now, so I used that one.
BTW-I love the NF420, great player for the price!

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
Bill Walker

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:45:04 GMT, "iRobot" wrote:

I tried the MP3 FF & FR on a D-NE326CK & it works. This player is the same
as the 320, but includes a car kit. It does it quite well, the sound does
not get blanked out, but it sounds like skips. It's not like a normal CD-DA
where it is just increased speed, the MP3s kind of skip ahead with audio
though.
It is probably the same on the D-NF420 also, I can try that one later if you
want me to. The NE326 was easier to get to right now, so I used that one.
BTW-I love the NF420, great player for the price!

I tried it too, but it chaffed my ass.

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
Loco Jones

"Bill Walker" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:45:04 GMT, "iRobot" wrote:
s n i p
The NE326 was easier to get to right now, so I used that one.
BTW-I love the NF420, great player for the price!

I tried it too, but it chaffed my ass.

It's entirely possible you chose the wrong place to carry it.

- Loco -
(Now Playing: Caught In The Middle - The Butts Band)

Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
Heathers boytoy

On 29 Nov 2005 19:01:46 -0800, "Loco Jones"
wrote:

It's entirely possible you chose the wrong place to carry it.

Do you think he should've lubed-up better?
Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.running,rec.audio.opinion
NRen2k5

FatKat wrote:
Dred wrote:

[...]

Really? I've owned an MpTrip, a RioVolt SP250 and a Sony D-NE720. Only
the ancient MpTrip lacks ID3 support. All of the three allow you to
fast-forward and rewind through MP3's. And again all three have a
Shuffle function.

Then again, these are more "high-end" than your Pana. I won't bother
mentioning the price of the MpTrip or the RioVolt, since they were more
expensive then than they would be now... but the Sony costs about
$135usd I think.

- NRen2k5