scottm

Default Sennheiser HD-570 repair

Hello!

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD-570 headphones, which I love, but they
recently lost sound on the right side. I've confirmed with a meter
that the replacable cord is in good shape, so the problem must be
internal to the headphones.

Does anyone know how to take these apart? I can't seem to find a way
to get inside these things to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

Mark Tranchant

scottm wrote:
Hello!

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD-570 headphones, which I love, but they
recently lost sound on the right side. I've confirmed with a meter
that the replacable cord is in good shape, so the problem must be
internal to the headphones.

If they're like my HD540 Mk2 phones, the earpads clip off, then the
driver unit itself can be levered out of the backshell with a very small
screwdriver. It all goes back together agin without problem.

However, you don't get any better access to the connectors, which are
deep in a moulded plastic surround. My connections have been the least
reliable part of these cans. I've found that gentle scraping with a
*really* small flat-blade screwdriver cleans them up for a bit.

I've thought about cleaning the metal with a drop of Coke on a needle,
or something.

Of course, if your connection has totally failed, you may want to try to
carve open the plastic and see what's going on. No guarantees what
you'll find, or if you'll be able to fix it!

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/
scottm

Thanks to both who responded!! Very helpful!

Scott