Posted to rec.audio.car
*Darren* *Darren* is offline

Default Ipod + car experience

Hi

Looking for some advice on ipod and car integration.

At the moment I am using 30gb ipod with fm transmitter iTrip - And i hate
it! The quality isn't good enough and I have no holder for my ipod which
means i have to stretch down to the floor in order to skip tracks. Changing
artist is a nightmare and I have to pretty much rely on pre-made playlists.

This kinda defeats the point of an ipod, relying on pre-made playlists
because I could just make do with CDs!!

Now, I want to make best use of my iPod because other than in my car, I have
no real use for it at the moment! And i only bought it in December.

My car is a Ford Ka with a factory fitted CD player.

I have thought about getting a cheap after-factory CD player fitted which
would provide me with an aux 3.5mm audio input.

Trouble with this option is that I have heard the iPod won't give me a loud
enough output and won't be as good as listening to CDs.

Then I came across in-car cd players that can connect to an iPod via USB
cable.

The one I have come accross is Goodmans
http://www.goodmans.co.uk/productdet...language=en-GB

They are very cheap to pick up (under £50).

Has anybody got this? What's it like?

I understand you can browse through artists/albums/search etc using the CD
players interface. However, the display looks terrible! It only had 1 line
text!!!

Anybody recommend another?

What solutions are everybody using? Is it just rediculous to think I can
control my music to my hearts content whilst driving? Something tells me
voice-activated would be the best option but doubt this exists!

thanks
Darren

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

The one I have come accross is Goodmanshttp://www.goodmans.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?pid=GCE7207I&language=e...

They are very cheap to pick up (under £50).

Has anybody got this? What's it like?

I understand you can browse through artists/albums/search etc using the CD
players interface. However, the display looks terrible! It only had 1 line
text!!!

Anybody recommend another?

What solutions are everybody using? Is it just rediculous to think I can
control my music to my hearts content whilst driving? Something tells me
voice-activated would be the best option but doubt this exists!

thanks
Darren

Darren,

I have an auxilliary input (RCA) in the back of the deck I currently
use, and I've got adapters in place that allow me to plug in anything
that will accept a 3.5mm jack (basically the same way you were talking
about). I can tell you that my mp3 player (Creative Labs - Zen V
Plus), my friend's iPod Nano, and a Laptop (playing a DVD) have all
worked beautifully. The iPod and mp3 player were *slightly* quieter
than a CD, but no so much that I would say it was a hinderance in any
way (I simply turned the volume up on the HU 3 or 4 more units [also,
the volume on the players needs to be up all the way for maximum
output]).

I hope that helps.

~Mister.Lull