Posted to rec.audio.tubes
dre7 dre7 is offline

Default What happens When You Get 18 Morons Together on eBay?

http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t

That's what!

Andrew
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
graham graham is offline

"dre7" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t

That's what!

Andrew

.... actually, only seven bidders, 18 bids ...

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

"graham" said:

http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t

That's what!

... actually, only seven bidders, 18 bids ...

Unbelievable.
Going by these prices, I'm a rich man........

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Engineer Engineer is offline

Location: Thornhill, Ontario

On Mar 10, 10:26 am, Sander deWaal wrote:
"graham" said:

http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t
That's what!

... actually, only seven bidders, 18 bids ...

Unbelievable.
Going by these prices, I'm a rich man........

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Hooda thunk it? IIRC, I acquired a few NOS 12AX7's a while back from
an elderly German gentleman... I must look through my surplus tubes to
see what's there! It would not really be fair to let these eBay
audiophools keep their money! g
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
dre7 dre7 is offline

Yeah, and buy a bunch of JJ's with some of the profits.

Andrew

Engineer wrote in message
s.com...
On Mar 10, 10:26 am, Sander deWaal wrote:
"graham" said:

http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t
That's what!
... actually, only seven bidders, 18 bids ...

Unbelievable.
Going by these prices, I'm a rich man........

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Hooda thunk it? IIRC, I acquired a few NOS 12AX7's a while back from
an elderly German gentleman... I must look through my surplus tubes to
see what's there! It would not really be fair to let these eBay
audiophools keep their money! g
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
GerryE123 GerryE123 is offline

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message:

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

I'm a witness, you gave me one. I ended up including it with a VAC preamp I
sold. The ECC803S was worth more than the preamp!

Gerry

P.S. The five to ten times less expensive 1950s Mullard long-plate 12AX7
sounds better.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Mark S Mark S is offline

"Engineer" wrote in message
s.com...
On Mar 10, 10:26 am, Sander deWaal wrote:
"graham" said:

http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t
That's what!
... actually, only seven bidders, 18 bids ...

Unbelievable.
Going by these prices, I'm a rich man........

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -

Hooda thunk it? IIRC, I acquired a few NOS 12AX7's a while back from
an elderly German gentleman... I must look through my surplus tubes to
see what's there! It would not really be fair to let these eBay
audiophools keep their money! g
Cheers,
Roger

Check out old electronic equip from the late 50's to early 60's. A few years
ago I bought an old Bell tape deck loaded with pristine Bugle Boy's. Albeit
I didn't know that the tubes were Bugle Boy's when I bought the deck.
Neither did the seller I imagine. You can get a nice suprise from time to
time. The AX7's are in my preamp to this day.
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Pete[_2_] Pete[_2_] is offline

Even any one particular tube can sound different depending on whether one
taps it with a screwdriver or one's fingernail, for example......Pete

"GerryE123" wrote in message
"Sander deWaal" wrote in message:

I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

I'm a witness, you gave me one. I ended up including it with a VAC preamp

sold. The ECC803S was worth more than the preamp!

Gerry

P.S. The five to ten times less expensive 1950s Mullard long-plate 12AX7
sounds better.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bob H. Bob H. is offline

On Mar 10, 8:50 pm, "GerryE123" wrote:
"Sander deWaal" wrote in message:
I once *gave* these suckers away, that was around 1998 or so, when
they already did $60 a piece.

I'm a witness, you gave me one. I ended up including it with a VAC preamp I
sold. The ECC803S was worth more than the preamp!

Gerry

P.S. The five to ten times less expensive 1950s Mullard long-plate 12AX7
sounds better.

Yeah, I prefer the Mullards to any other ax7.

Bob H.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
coffeedj coffeedj is offline

The only question is do I start selling my Telefunken stash now or wait for
the prices to rise from the ridiculous to the sublime.

"dre7" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/23ew8t

That's what!

Andrew

FS: on eBay OCTAVARIUM Pro Audio 0 February 14th 06 05:45 AM
Mikey's army of morons -- FRONT! Bruce J. Richman Audio Opinions 0 December 28th 04 08:22 PM
Morons, idiots, or con artists....... mark weber Tech 20 February 13th 04 06:40 AM
OUTTA HERE...HAD IT with feuding MORONS firedome Vacuum Tubes 13 January 4th 04 06:53 AM