Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Edmund Edmund is offline

Default Universal high end "anything" player?

Is there something like that which is both affordable and
has full SACD and DVD-A specs?

Thanks

Edmund

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

Edmund said...

Is there something like that which is both affordable and
has full SACD and DVD-A specs?

Cambridge Audio 650BD.
http://goo.gl/xhJ1

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
anthony anthony is offline

On Apr 16, 12:08=A0pm, UnsteadyKen wrote:
Edmund said...

Is there something like that which is both affordable and
has full SACD and DVD-A specs?

Cambridge Audio 650BD.http://goo.gl/xhJ1

--
Ken O'Mearahttp://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/

I have the previous version, the DVD89 Cambridge universal and it is
indeed an excellent universal machine .. and I bought mine for less
than $200 here in Australia as a run-out special. Only one slight
quibble ... it can start playing the first track of a CD about half a
second after the track's actual beginning. I get around this by
immediately hitting the 'back one track' button on the remote and that
usually gives a clean start.
Anthony

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
---MIKE--- ---MIKE--- is offline

It's not exactly high end but I have a Pioneer DV-588A-s. It plays CDs,
DVDs, and SACDs. The construction is not very rugged leading me to use
the remote instead of the controls on the unit. It works perfectly and
was not expensive (less than $150 if I remember correctly).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
anthony anthony is offline

On Apr 16, 10:18=A0pm, (---MIKE---) wrote:
It's not exactly high end but I have a Pioneer DV-588A-s. =A0It plays CDs=

,
DVDs, and SACDs. =A0The construction is not very rugged leading me to use
the remote instead of the controls on the unit. =A0It works perfectly and
was not expensive (less than $150 if I remember correctly).

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 ---MIKE---In the White Mountains of=

New Hampshire

=A0 (44=B0 15' =A0N - Elevation 1580')

I've just recently purchased what is probably the best Blu ray player
available for under a couple of thousand dollars -- the Oppo BDP-83.
Of relevance here is that it also plays SACDs and DVD-Audios alongside
CDs, and the sound quality is excellent. For a bit more there is also
available a Special Edition which gives enhanced audio performance.
Both the normal and the SE feature a bypass circuit so that the
machine processes audio only and excludes the video processing
hardware.
Its Blu ray region is of course Region A (USA) but I bought from
Denmark a neat hardware conversion kit which turned it into a true
multi-region player for both blu ray and DVDs, for use here in Region
2 (Australia)
From Anthony, Woodend, in the Macedon Ranges of Victoria, Australia....