bsguidry

Default Old Fosgate Power 650 Amplifier : Fix, Sell, or Discard

My brother in law recently gave me his Fosgate Power 650. Just 2
years ago it was pounding four 8" bazookas in his Mustang. I never
thought 4 small bazookas could feel so good.

Anyway, the amp changed hands a couple of times. Apparently,
something happened to it during another install and one of the
intermittent owners opened it up and attempted to fix it.

It was given to me with the heatsink detached. I looked at the
circuit board and didn't see anything broken or missing. I noticed
all of the internal fuses were still intact.

What should I do with this beast? I found a site called Spectronics
that does repair on high end amps. They have a flat rate of $50 labor
plus parts then add shipping. Would it be wise to send it out for
repair?

Is there a market for an Old School Fosgate amp needing repair?

Is it even worth the effort to fix or sell?

Thanks,

Brooke

sanitarium

those are stellar amps IMHO.

Heres a really nice one on ebay, might want to track it and see what it goes
for.

Hope this helps,
Garrett

"bsguidry" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Wikked

Nice try !! =)

--
Hektor "Wikked" Mesta
"In God we trust .. everybody else better have a firewall"
"Paul Vina" wrote in message news:P_kGb.191353$_M.869484@attbi_s54...
Thanks, Garret! Now he'll NEVER give it to me! ;p

Paul Vina

"sanitarium" wrote in message
those are stellar amps IMHO.

Heres a really nice one on ebay, might want to track it and see what it

goes
for.

Hope this helps,
Garrett

"bsguidry" wrote in message
om...
[...]

fordism

If it is not to bad off I have a freind that can fix it, He has fixe
many b4 let me know and i will gt it from you and use it on my wife
car

-
fordis