vern

Default MTX Woofer Specs

I'm thinking of installing a pair of MTX Thunder 8000 T8104A's in my
truck. I went to the MTX web site to look at box response specifications
for this particular woofer. I noticed for a sealed enclosure, the
response specs don't change much for a .75Ft^3, .88Ft^3, and 1.00Ft^3
boxes. The only thing that seems to change is the woofers Qtc. I was
under the impression (obviously wrong) that with a bigger enclosure the
sub setup would play lower and SPL would be a little higher. From the
specs it seems as if there is no real benefit going from a .75Ft^3 to a
1.00Ft^3 enclosure. Could some one please explain a little more, I think
I'm missing something. Check out the specs at
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...ers/T8104A.pdf

Thanks

soundcheckpro

vern wrote:
*I'm thinking of installing a pair of MTX Thunder 8000 T8104A's in my
truck. I went to the MTX web site to look at box response
specifications for this particular woofer. I noticed for a sealed
enclosure, the response specs don't change much for a .75Ft^3,
.88Ft^3, and 1.00Ft^3 boxes. The only thing that seems to change is
the woofers Qtc. I was under the impression (obviously wrong) that
with a bigger enclosure the sub setup would play lower and SPL would
be a little higher. From the specs it seems as if there is no real
benefit going from a .75Ft^3 to a 1.00Ft^3 enclosure. Could some one
please explain a little more, I think I'm missing something.

Thanks *

Actually, the most improtant number in a woofer's specs (before you
build the box) is the EBP (Efficiency Band-width Product), look it up
if you need a deffinition. But, now armed with that, you go sealed or
ported. Size matters, its not just a saying. If you can, always build
big enough. With the right parrameters and the right calculations -
LONG explanation - you can come up with the box YOU want. If you want
some help try a local shop or go to 'this website'
(http://www.linearteam.dk/) they have a free program for just your
problem.

--
soundcheckpro