Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

Default Kind of OT, but many here will have memories jogged

A friend sent this link:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/

These folks have scanned a TON of magazines, some that go back to the
30's. There's audio stuff in here but lots more - have a favorite issue
of Popular Electronics from the 50's?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Wow what a great resource..
Thanks!!!
Mark
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/14/2014 9:22 PM, Jason wrote:
have a favorite issue
of Popular Electronics from the 50's?

Since I was a teenager at the time, I always enjoyed the Carl and Jerry
stories. I had a couple of friends interested in electronics at the
time, one in particular was the Carl to my Jerry. We learned a lot with
our experiments back then.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Jason" wrote in message

Have a favorite issue of Popular Electronics from the 50's?

I remember one with a picture on the cover "Build this ultra-miniature
amplifier!" It was an audio amp comprising three transistors and several
capacitors on a little strip of plastic in a polystyrene snap-box. Today you
can get a multi-GHz CPU, high-speed graphics, and audio system in less volume.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley[_2_] david gourley[_2_] is offline

Jason
l-september.org:

A friend sent this link:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/

These folks have scanned a TON of magazines, some that go back to the
30's. There's audio stuff in here but lots more - have a favorite issue
of Popular Electronics from the 50's?

Still great to see those REP magazines - I was looking at some over at N.C.
State University's library a few years ago, but many had missing articles
that someone had sliced out with a a blade. There was a copy machine 15
feet away, but must have been too much trouble for someone to operate.

david