Posted to rec.audio.pro
jason jason is offline

Default Taiyo-Yuden/JVC quality?

I have used T-Y CDR's for a long time with excellent results. Now I see
my lifetime supply is getting low. Has quality suffered with the JVC
hookup?

Jason

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Jason wrote:
I have used T-Y CDR's for a long time with excellent results. Now I see
my lifetime supply is getting low. Has quality suffered with the JVC
hookup?

I don't know because I'm not running error numbers on a regular basis, but
they seem to be okay at 1X.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Jason" skrev i en meddelelse

I have used T-Y CDR's for a long time with excellent results. Now I see
my lifetime supply is getting low. Has quality suffered with the JVC
hookup?

They seem OK to me, I use their shiny water resistant printables - actually
I'm deeply worried about nanotech, but they look impressively good when
printed and inkjet-print can not wash off if they get wet. Must be a trick
with micro-pores.

They were rare for a period after the flood in Japan ...

Jason

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 4:06:36 PM UTC-7, Jason wrote:
I have used T-Y CDR's for a long time with excellent results. Now I see
my lifetime supply is getting low. Has quality suffered with the JVC
hookup?

Jason

I go through thousands of them. I think that the JVC are exactly the same disc as Taiyo Yuden.. Never had a problem with either.

The disc I preferred was the MAM, previously Mitsui. However at $3.00 each, I don't use very many of them. They will play on machines that puke out other discs. They are 74 minute not 80 minute discs.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Jason" wrote in message
I have used T-Y CDR's for a long time with excellent results. Now I see
my lifetime supply is getting low. Has quality suffered with the JVC
hookup?

I just got 50 of the Watershield surface hub printables from B&H Photo/Video
for $29 and they work great and the printable surface is just fabulous. The
main problem now is finding a good printer that can print to discs. My Epson
260 conked out and I got a new Epson 610 for like half of its list price. It
works, but is a real pain in the ass to operate with the disc printing
function.

It used to be that Epson was the only company that was allowed to retain the
disc printing on its printers for the U.S. market. I wonder if that still
holds true. Anyone have a different brand of disc printer? Well, there are
these multi-disc copier/printers but I mean as part of a normal paper
printer.

Gary Eickmeier

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 7/12/2014 7:16 a.m., Gary Eickmeier wrote:

"Jason" wrote in message
[...]

I've got 3 Primeras of varying vintage.

geoff