Posted to rec.audio.pro
Robin K. Banks Robin K. Banks is offline

Default Otari MX-55 30 IPS

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 17:37:06 -0700, gtbuba wrote:

On Mar 15, 6:00Â*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
gtbuba wrote:

Er........Aaah...... Â*The guy selling the Otari MX-55 broke it during
packing so he refunded my Money. Â*WTB Otari MX-55 =3D Me . Â*GT

What did he break? Â*There's not much on those things you can't get
fixed.

Personally, if it were me, I'd hold out for an Ampex 440. Â*There are a
lot of them out there and they are easy to work on, very rugged, and
there is good support for them.

Here is what he said..
" Hey Glenn,
I have refunded you money because while final test tape recorder, got
the take up reel stuck on machine and snaped off tip of reel. Sorry
guess this transaction wasn't ment to happen! Let me start looking for
replacement part." What???
I think he really didn't want to ship it.. Oh well.. I have an Ampex
440B 1/2" 4 track. It's good ,but I don't have enough room to fit it in
my control room. Guess I could use it with longer cables running out to
my playing room. Sort of hate to pull it off the roll around stand, but
I guess I could rack up two channels and transport. GT.

Sure he didn't really mean, "I just saw this http://www.endlessanalog.com/
supported-tape-machines so the deal is off!!!" ? )

--
This beink simple Linux sig_____________________Hooboy!!!!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 3/23/2012 2:19 AM, Robin K. Banks wrote:

Sure he didn't really mean, "I just saw this http://www.endlessanalog.com/
supported-tape-machines so the deal is off!!!" ? )

I would doubt it. Have you checked the price of CLASP? You
get more of your money's worth when using it with a 24-track
analog machine. I don't even know if they have support for
the MX-55. Did you look?

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:21:59 -0400, Mike Rivers wrote:

On 3/23/2012 2:19 AM, Robin K. Banks wrote:

Sure he didn't really mean, "I just saw this
http://www.endlessanalog.com/supported-tape-machines so the deal is
off!!!" ? )

I would doubt it. Have you checked the price of CLASP? You get more of
your money's worth when using it with a 24-track analog machine. I don't
even know if they have support for the MX-55. Did you look?

Yeah... somehow it snipped that URL when I posted. Try it now. It is one
of the few supported transports, and an excellent way to do CLASP on a
budget I suspect. I'm trying out Ubuntu here, and I am a bit new with
this newsreader. I am kind of sniffing around to see if anyone has
experience with Ubuntu Studio as well.

Otari [email protected] Pro Audio 6 October 5th 07 06:04 AM
UPDATE: Otari MX-55/Otari tech needed in Chicago suburbs Tom Jancauskas Pro Audio 0 November 26th 06 04:11 PM
FS: Otari MX-80 bob Pro Audio 0 October 15th 06 06:04 PM
FS: Otari MX-80 bob Pro Audio 0 October 15th 06 05:51 PM
WTB: Otari MTR 90 mk III Nick Pro Audio 0 January 10th 06 11:16 PM