Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Default Lexicon LXP-15 preset setup time/noise

My Lexicon LXP-15 is a bit slow WRT setup time when switching presets
via midi, plus it generates a 'switch over' noise of sorts.
I guess the setup time may be normal. Same with the swith over noise?

I use it for guitar, so both anomalies are a problem.
I might be able to live with the slightly slow setup time, depending on
how I use which effects in my chain of things.

Any remedies? Firmware upgrade? It's v. 1.31 .

If I deem it too slow for guitar use, I might use it on a DAW setup.
Tone quality is great, but having it in a loop will take four A/D/A's.
Of cause, reverbs and other effects will be mixed-in at a much lower
level than the source material. Still, is it worth it, tonewise?

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 24, 4:14 pm, "Mogens V."
wrote:
My Lexicon LXP-15 is a bit slow WRT setup time when switching presets
via midi, plus it generates a 'switch over' noise of sorts.
I guess the setup time may be normal. Same with the swith over noise?

Isn't that odd for what the equipment is, has it always done that

maybe you're piping the sound to hot, to close to the source

I slammed a live vocal track so much you could hear stomach growling

eeenyway

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Yeshur Watehva Yeshur Watehva is offline

On Mar 24, 8:39 pm, "Barry" wrote:
I slammed a live vocal track so much you could hear stomach growling

that was the sound of your audience vomiting, punk beyotch

you STILL don't know how to use compression

post some more - we're getting a good laugh

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 25, 12:56 am, "Yeshur Watehva" wrote:
On Mar 24, 8:39 pm, "Barry" wrote:

I slammed a live vocal track so much you could hear stomach growling

that was the sound of your audience vomiting, punk beyotch

you STILL don't know how to use compression

post some more - we're getting a good laugh

at least I'm having some, can't wait to hear your big mess

on second thought, Im sure it's just some big layar'd zaps of keyboard

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 25, 2:02 am, "Barry" wrote:

at least I'm having some, can't wait to hear your big mess

turn on the radio, beyotch
I get PAID for my crap

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 25, 1:08 am, "Yeshur Watehva" wrote:
On Mar 25, 2:02 am, "Barry" wrote:

at least I'm having some, can't wait to hear your big mess

turn on the radio, beyotch
I get PAID for my crap

Yeshur Watehva

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 25, 1:02 am, "Barry" wrote:

on second thought, Im sure it's just some big layar'd zaps of keyboard

lmao, and you was all into the ****

so now you're like "angry man" on usenet

Have a piece of candy and chill out dude

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Barry wrote:
On Mar 24, 4:14 pm, "Mogens V."
wrote:

My Lexicon LXP-15 is a bit slow WRT setup time when switching presets
via midi, plus it generates a 'switch over' noise of sorts.
I guess the setup time may be normal. Same with the swith over noise?

Isn't that odd for what the equipment is, has it always done that

I wouldn't know, only had it a short time. No other problems.
It occurs right after display says loading register. A short break in
output with an audiable click. Though the click is subdued, it's still
too audiable to be acceptable for guitar use.

The preset switch delay means I can't switch fast between notes, which
is needed going from no effects to do a solo with i.e. pitch + delay,
and then to, say, reverb + flanging when fading off the solo.

maybe you're piping the sound to hot, to close to the source

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry Barry is offline

On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."
wrote:

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

nothing on the switch time, but plenty for the noise

is the unit properly grounded?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bro Barry Bro Barry is offline

On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."
? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

It really is a good question.
I can only relate by way of experience

If you put too much fire to a frequency close to it's source, it is
possible that down the line through which this frequency will travel,
it candle the hit. I'd start there.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bro Barry Bro Barry is offline

On Mar 26, 10:53 pm, "Bro Barry" wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

It really is a good question.
I can only relate by way of experience

If you put too much fire to a frequency close to it's source, it is
possible that down the line through which this frequency will travel,
it candle the hit. I'd start there.

GASP it should say

it Can't handle the hit.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Bro Barry wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

It really is a good question.
I can only relate by way of experience

If you put too much fire to a frequency close to it's source, it is
possible that down the line through which this frequency will travel,
it candle the hit. I'd start there.

Well, the subdued click when switching is about the same no matter which
presets I use.
I guess all I can do is not having the LXP-15 straight in the signal
path, but mix it in, which will always be lower than the source.

But it's all pretty much irrelevant, since the switching time is simply
too long for a guitar rig setup.
It's quite annoying that many affordable devices are dual engines, but
won't do pitch and delay at the same time (LXP-200, TC G-sharp..)

I'll probably reuse the LXP-15 in my DAW setup, mostly for reverbs and
as an effects device for cirtain things, and just accept two sets of
D/A/D conversions. Pity it doesn't have digital I/O...
Then again, It'll always be mixed it in lower than the source.

Comments on using it this way are welcomed.

Hmmm.. many (older) devices have fixed S/PDIF out, maybe this can be
added. The electronics for it is cheap, and I'd have do do only one set
of D/A/D conversions... Ideas/comments anyone?

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Bro Barry wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

Actually, lexiconpro responded very quickly, but stated they had no
solution. At the merge some years ago, they didn't get full docs on
these older thingies, but said they're scanning service manuals, and
will reply back when it's online. At least it's nice quick service.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bro Barry Bro Barry is offline

On Mar 27, 7:47 am, "Mogens V."
wrote:
Bro Barry wrote:
On Mar 25, 5:36 am, "Mogens V."

? don't see what that has to do with preset setup switching time and the
related switchover noise.

Actually, lexiconpro responded very quickly, but stated they had no
solution. At the merge some years ago, they didn't get full docs on
these older thingies, but said they're scanning service manuals, and
will reply back when it's online. At least it's nice quick service.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

sounds pretty homogeneous