Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default I take it everybody has seen this by now, maybe ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/12/2020 13:17, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

I had a quick look, decided I wasn't interested, and closed the link.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Is this the animated one with the submarine? I thought that was kind of
disappointing, compared with the one with the clean old man.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 1:15 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/28/2020 8:45 AM, John Williamson wrote:
For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

Thanks. Heard about the new Beatles movie already. Yawn!

Is this the animated one with the submarine? I thought that was kind of
disappointing, compared with the one with the clean old man.
--scott

Ah, old Wilfred ;-)

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

John Williamson wrote:
===================

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

** Absolutely agree, link dropping is like name dropping.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

** Though that was a movie called "'Yesterday".

The premise is all memory of the Beatles and their songs suddenly vanishes except for one busker in the UK.

Short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgRuLQgeSE

...... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 10:39 am, wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
===================

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

** Absolutely agree, link dropping is like name dropping.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

** Though that was a movie called "'Yesterday".

The premise is all memory of the Beatles and their songs suddenly vanishes except for one busker in the UK.

Short clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgRuLQgeSE

..... Phil

Great to see Phil's joy of the season seems to be spreading faster in
our community that the current virus.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 2:45 am, John Williamson wrote:
On 28/12/2020 13:17, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

For what it's worth, it's a program about a new movie about the Beatles.

I had a quick look, decided I wasn't interested, and closed the link.

Jeeze - thought people might be somewhat (even just slightly perhaps)
interested in at least the studio shots, antiquated gear, etc, that
enable such music to remain significant to this day .

But apparently not ;- |

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

"geoff" wrote in message
Jeeze - thought people might be somewhat (even just slightly perhaps)
interested in at least the studio shots, antiquated gear, etc, that enable
such music to remain significant to this day .

But apparently not ;- |

Obviously, you totally missed the point of the criticism. Maybe you didn't
even read it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 29/12/2020 2:17 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Well **** you very much too Mike. Season's greetings.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:50:18 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 29/12/2020 2:17 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/27/2020 11:15 PM, geoff wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

If you're going to post a link to click on, at minimum it should relate
to the subject of the message, and hopefully it should should also
contain a little summary, or at least the topic.

Well **** you very much too Mike. Season's greetings.

geoff

__________

geoff:

Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?

If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

Sorry this has happened! Cheers!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
geoff:

Is it safe to assume you are from the UK?

If so, you should know that a lot of us Yanks - myself not included - do not like the Beatles or their works. Hence the spirited(!) reaction to you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..." with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 30/12/2020 7:40 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 12/29/2020 11:22 AM, Chris K-Man wrote:
geoff:

Is it safeÂ* to assumeÂ* you areÂ* fromÂ* the UK?

If so, you should knowÂ* thatÂ* a lotÂ* ofÂ* us Yanks -Â* myself not
included -Â* do notÂ* likeÂ* the Beatles or theirÂ* works.Â* HenceÂ* the
spirited(!)Â* reactionÂ* toÂ* you post.

My comment wasn't about The Beatles. I have nothing against the band or
movies made about them.

What bugged me was that that the original post was nothing but a URL
with the header of "... everybody has seen this by now..."Â* with no
explanation of what "this" is. How do I know whether I've seen it or
not? How do I know that it's not an entry to malware?

Of course I didn't click on it. And now that I know from other responses
that it's a movie about The Beatles, I won't bother to click on it.
Thanks to everyone (else) for not being an asshole.

No need for you to apologise.

No, not UK. Nor USA. Just from part of the rest of the world without
such musical (or other) xenophobia, or inflexible music-historic interests.

A little 'surprise' Xmas cheer - apparently not. Didn't expect to get
slammed for it. Ignored was sufficient. Guess the grinch-element is
escalated at this time of year - slightly understandable.

It was clearly a Youtube URL, so harmless - apart maybe to one's
potential heightened sensitivities about musical taste. Would Frank
Sinatra, CCW, Gershwin, Seekers, CS&N(not Y or course) Bernstein, Glen
Campbell, Glass, Johnny Cash, Eagles, Willie Nelson, or The Band have
been more acceptable ?

If one doesn't have an antipathy towards everything Beatles, here's a
Wikipedia entry regarding the project. WARNING do not click this link if
disinterested - it will be a major effort, discomfort, and imposition.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles:_Get_Back

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:
=================

No, I haven't seen it. Why should I look?

** No reason at all -
except if you happen to like head spinning, manic video editing plus fake overdubbed sound presented
in the style of a low budget, 80s music vid .

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Hi Geoff,

Saw the clip. It's interesting to the degree that it shows them in the studio recording and looking a lot younger. That was fun. More interesting to me than all the the remixed, remastered, reinvented material.

OTOH, "Yesterday" the movie was fun. I had it on my Amazon Wish List and got it on DVD for Xmas. Himesh Patel has a strong voice and it's well suited for Beatles material. The story arc between him and his manager was a bit tired, but she's cute. SNL's Kate McKinnon as record company exec was a hoot.. Her overplay was pretty spot on.

From the looks of it, he can actually play! Although in the first shot of him playing, his left hand is obscured and he could have been faking it. Robert Carlyle did a very nice John Lennon. Seeing him made me a bit sad. The deep accents made it a bit difficult to hear what they were saying sometimes.

I see Mr. Rivers received his order of **** and vinegar for Xmas! Yay Mike!!
Here's the trailer just for you!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqv...eclipsTrailers