Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

Default Olympic themes

Poll:

Which do you prefer: the classic Leo Arnaud, or the newer John Williams?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Poll:

Which do you prefer: the classic Leo Arnaud, or the newer John Williams?

Classic!

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_3_] Jenn[_3_] is offline

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Poll:

Which do you prefer: the classic Leo Arnaud, or the newer John Williams?

Classic!

Stephen

You should hear Fred Fennell's recording of all three of Arnaud's
fanfares on Telarc. Unbelievably great, with fantastic sound. The horn
playing...!!!! Leo sat in on snare drum for the session.

I agree with you. But the Williams is a fine work as well. I did it
with the Reno Philharmonic at a pops concert a few years ago, and it's
great fun to play and conduct.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

In article ,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article ,
Jenn wrote:

Poll:

Which do you prefer: the classic Leo Arnaud, or the newer John Williams?

Classic!

You should hear Fred Fennell's recording of all three of Arnaud's
fanfares on Telarc. Unbelievably great, with fantastic sound. The horn
playing...!!!! Leo sat in on snare drum for the session.

It's on mp3 at Amazon: the thirty-second preview is half the 59-second
track! The horns were never so clear on ABC television.

I agree with you. But the Williams is a fine work as well. I did it
with the Reno Philharmonic at a pops concert a few years ago, and it's
great fun to play and conduct.

I don't mind it, and NBC should be allowed some additional branding for
their billion dollars.

Stephen