News Reader

Default Universal Remote for Sony Preamp

I have a Sony TA-E77ESD preamplifier and the remote (RM-E7) has died.
Does anyone know if one of the universal remotes would work with this
unit? Mostly for power and volume.

Also, what is the access code for the preamp, if applicable?

Thanks for any info.
D Cooksey

I've got the same preamp. Converted over to a Phillips Pronto. Commands
for volume up and down are the same as the "AV1" protocol that is still
used in the current receivers, so any Sony receiver remote should get you
the volume. For about 3 years now the receivers have been shipping set in
an "AV2" control set, you just have to change the receiver and remote back
to "AV1" for it to work with your preamp. The problem will be the "input"
and "Power" commands. Some (but not all) of the AV1 commands off the
current remotes will work. Like CD, Tape, Tuner, Phono and "Video" will go
to video 1 on your preamp. None of the current remote have "digital 1, 2 or
3", aux or "adapter" button on them. Power is an entirely different issue.
There is a "discreet" system off command that only turns the preamp off, but
the "on" command is a toggle. I can email you my Pronto control set if you
decide to go that route (it has every button from the original remote) or
check to see if there is a file on remotecentral.com. Alternatively you
could see if you could find one of the older Sony receiver remotes (the ones
that have Video 1, 2, and 3 on them).

Hope this helps.
"News Reader" wrote in message
om...
I have a Sony TA-E77ESD preamplifier and the remote (RM-E7) has died.
Does anyone know if one of the universal remotes would work with this
unit? Mostly for power and volume.

Also, what is the access code for the preamp, if applicable?

Thanks for any info.

Joe-Jim Grregory

Beth Stewart wrote:

I found the Pronto on Sale on this web site.
www.bluoptic.com

You "found" it on the website you're promoting
as a spammer? What an unexpected coincidence!
Is bluoptic as dishonest as you are? Is it just
a scam and a ripoff?
News Reader

I was at Radio Shack yesterday and they had some universal remotes
that had codes for Sony receivers. I'm wondering if, due to the age
of my preamp, a new universal remote would even work with it. Of
course, I'd have to run through a bunch of codes in the search, but
I'd hate to waste my time.

Any opinions on whether a new universal remote will work with an old
Sony preamplifier? Any shortcuts on getting the correct code?