rick donnelly

Default How to go Surround Sound??

I believe you have to have a signal processor of sorts to truly acheive
this. Have a look at Crutchfields, I think they sell something along those
lines...but I also believe its expensive. Pioneer DEQ-P7000

Rick
"OldsFan4Ever" wrote in message
om...
Here's something I'm somewhat confused about:

Right now my car has 6 speakers, all in the stock locations. It has
6.5" door, 4" dash, and 6x9 rear decks. All are Infinity Kappa, and
all get about 40-45 Watts RMS.

NOW, if I ever decide to go to 5.1 surround with Pro Logic II, how the
heck am I supposed to add a center channel, when I already have 80-90
Watts RMS for the Front-Left and Front-Right channels?

It seems logical to me that my center channel would have to be 80-90
Watts RMS, or I would not have loud enough vocals.

Am I kind of screwed with my current set-up??

THANKS!

Scott Johnson

you could possibly put some drivers under the dash/center console or in the

SFarris

First you will need a DTS processor... Kenwood makes just a center
channel that you could add in that is amplified on its own.... What
kind of car is it? You could always fiberglass a small pod in the
middle of the dash to house it....

Here is one I did in a truck in the overhead console .

http://www.realcaraudio.com/gallery/...t=500&p age=1

If that link dosen't work, it is in my gallery.

--
SFarris

Jason

"OldsFan4Ever" wrote in message
om...
Here's something I'm somewhat confused about:

Right now my car has 6 speakers, all in the stock locations. It has
6.5" door, 4" dash, and 6x9 rear decks. All are Infinity Kappa, and
all get about 40-45 Watts RMS.

NOW, if I ever decide to go to 5.1 surround with Pro Logic II, how the
heck am I supposed to add a center channel, when I already have 80-90
Watts RMS for the Front-Left and Front-Right channels?

It seems logical to me that my center channel would have to be 80-90
Watts RMS, or I would not have loud enough vocals.

Am I kind of screwed with my current set-up??

THANKS!

This is my personal opinion, but I dont think surround, even 5.1, works well
in a car. Your sitting position in relation to your monitor dont really
allow for the true surround effect, not to mention the acoustics of a car
would probably throw it all out of whack.

Personally I would go without it and work on a musical sound stage, but I
ave to admit, saying you have 5.1 dolby surround in your car does add to
your "cool" factor ( I guess ). If thats more your concern, I would look
for a amplified center channel speaker, or run a small two channel amp
bridged to a center mid/tweet (IMO you would need both for a decent center
channel). Does your Source (i.e. DVD) have 5.1 output? (not digital, I mean
an RCA out for FR/FL, RR, RL, SUB, and Center) If not, how do you plan on
seperating the center channel?

Maybe if this were a van....

Dolby digital surround sound home theatre amplifier? Popcorn Lover General 6 May 25th 04 06:09 PM
How to Achieve Best Surround Sound Results without a Processor Gamer General 5 January 12th 04 09:19 PM
OT? Win98SE, help with audio recording from sound card? Logan263 General 5 October 25th 03 01:38 PM
high pitch sound sayduckshun Car Audio 4 October 16th 03 06:21 AM
Mediocre SQ with perfect 12.1's, Inconsistent , rough, sound timboritus Car Audio 6 July 14th 03 05:38 AM