Peter B.

Default Your Favorite AES articles.

Hello group,

I have before me all the AES papers on 19 CDs. After only reading a
few of them I feel I have to say a public thank you to all the people
who made this possible over the years. This collection is great!

I'm wondering what articles are some of your favorites. Stuff that you
might feel is manditory reading.

....This really was worth every penny.

Thanks,
Peter
hollywood_steve

I have before me all the AES papers on 19 CDs. After only reading a
few of them I feel I have to say a public thank you to all the people
who made this possible over the years. This collection is great!

I'm wondering what articles are some of your favorites. Stuff that you
might feel is manditory reading.

...This really was worth every penny.

Thanks,
Peter

As a general comment, most of my favorites are from many years ago,
when analog audio was still a new game and there was still a lot left
to be "discovered." Issues from the 80's onward seemed to read more
like a math journal than an audio book.

That said, most of my favorite articles were compiled into a separate
anthology titled "the Anthology of Printed Articles on Stereo
Techniques." I found a copy at a Burbank garage sale several years
ago for $5! Your CD anthology is searchable; these articles should
come up in any search on "stereo." Although much of this type info is
now available on a few websites, like Schoeps, for a long time it was
very hard to find. When it comes to gear, most of the interesting
articles are again from the 50's & 60's when the analog gear was being
developed; there has been very few equipment related articles
recently.

Have fun, there's a lot of great info in there.
Peter B.

Phil Cibley wrote in message . ..

It's not just 1 article but an entire issue from several years back
devoted to studio and equipment grounding.
Don't touch a soldering iron or punchblock tool without reading
it first.
Phil Cibley

Good call!
I have a book titled 'Audio System Design and Installation' written by
Philip Giddings. I'm actually looking forward to reading the stuff he
(and others)published in the Journal on the subject of grounding. The
references in the book 'Handbook for Sound Engineers' is going to be
another source for articles to get into.

I love how comprehensive the search feature is.

Thanks,
Peter