Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matt Faunce Matt Faunce is offline

Default Eberhard Sengpiel's Audio Calculations

I was browsing this web page:

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Calculations03.htm

And I looked up the author, Eberhard Sengpiel, and see that he passed
away recently, in August of 2014. Then I wondered if someone is
maintaining this web site. I know that after I stopped paying for my
website it stayed up for over a year before being taken down, so I
became afraid that maybe the same thing was happening here. It sure
would be a shame for all this information to disappear from the public
view. Is anyone here aware of the situation?
--
Matt
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 08/02/2016 08:15, Matt Faunce wrote:
I was browsing this web page:

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Calculations03.htm

And I looked up the author, Eberhard Sengpiel, and see that he passed
away recently, in August of 2014. Then I wondered if someone is
maintaining this web site. I know that after I stopped paying for my
website it stayed up for over a year before being taken down, so I
became afraid that maybe the same thing was happening here. It sure
would be a shame for all this information to disappear from the public
view. Is anyone here aware of the situation?

Unless someone pays the fees, it'll go down shortly after the contract
runs out, or as soon as a sysadmin gets round to it.

In the meantime, there are tools which will let you hoover up an entire
web site as a working unit for your own offline use, though it's polite
to ask first, and copyright applies if you host a copy on your website.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W Phil W is offline

Matt Faunce:

I was browsing this web page:

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Calculations03.htm

And I looked up the author, Eberhard Sengpiel, and see that he passed away
recently, in August of 2014. Then I wondered if someone is maintaining
this web site. I know that after I stopped paying for my website it stayed
up for over a year before being taken down, so I became afraid that maybe
the same thing was happening here. It sure would be a shame for all this
information to disappear from the public view. Is anyone here aware of the
situation?

The German version of the "home" page says, that his son is maintaining the
website fiduciarily (hope, I chose the right translation).

"Diese Webseite wird treuhaenderisch verwaltet von Alexander Sengpiel, Sohn
von Eberhard Sengpiel.
Anfragen bitte an alex@sengpielaudio. ..."

For more info, write an E-Mail to Alex...

Hope, that helps a bit

Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/8/16 6:27 AM, Phil W wrote:
[...]

Thanks Phil. That's good news.

--
Matt
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Matt Faunce wrote:
I was browsing this web page:

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/Calculations03.htm

And I looked up the author, Eberhard Sengpiel, and see that he passed
away recently, in August of 2014. Then I wondered if someone is
maintaining this web site. I know that after I stopped paying for my
website it stayed up for over a year before being taken down, so I
became afraid that maybe the same thing was happening here. It sure
would be a shame for all this information to disappear from the public
view. Is anyone here aware of the situation?

I am not, but let me make you aware of the Wayback Machine on archive.org,
where some very dedicated people are trying to skim and archive the entire
internet at regular intervals.

I don't know what the long-term future of these archives will be. Let's hope
they get treated better than what Google did to the DejaNews archives.