Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lex

Default Best speaker location in truck cab

I would find a placement where both speakers are the same distance from the
driver, and in front of you.. at least thats my take on the situation

"Joshua Nelson" wrote in message
om...
I have a Jeep Scrambler, one of the old jeeps similar to a wrangler
that instead of room for 4 people inside has a 2 seater regular pickup
cab and short truck bed in the back.

I have a 4x22 RMS Kenwood head unit (no subwoofer output) but in that
small little cab I probably only really need 2 speakers so that's all
I bought.

I bought a pair of the Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6x9 speakers because they
were basically the nicest speakers I could get without getting into a
component system or subwoofer. I want the stereo to be pretty
kickin', but I'm not into audio competition so I don't need truly
massive sound.

The vehicle has *NO* stock cutouts for speakers. At one point I think
it had a mono am radio and single speaker in the dash, but the dash
has long since been cut up and used for other purposes. The head unit
is actually mounted overhead, attached to the aftermarket roll cage
next to the CB.

Anyway, my question is this: I bought a couple of Q-Logic 6x9 speaker
boxes to house the Infinitys. All I need to decide is, where do I put
them for the best sound? Does it really matter in such a small area,
or should I just stick them wherever is convenient?

I could put them close together overhead on either side of the head
unit, but that would kinda ruin the stereo effect. I could put them
behind the 2 seats, but perhaps that would muffle the sound? I am
leaning toward bolting them to the roll bar to the left of the
driver's head and right of the passenger's head, but I dunno if that
would give very good stereo either, not to mention it kinda says
"Hey! Thief! Here I am! Steal me!"

Any other suggestions??