Posted to rec.audio.pro
John E. Smith John E. Smith is offline

Default good quality software vocoder?

I have recently begun to realize the power of vocoding and wonder if there's
an alternative to the one I've been using, the native one that comes with
Samplitude 7 Pro. The best results I've had come from the highest
resolution settings (100 filter bands) as well as timing and dynamic
reduction at the max, yet I wonder if the result could be even more highly
resolved with a different program or VST plug-in. Also, I want to be able
to use a wave file as carrier as I know some programs are limited in that
regard. Any suggestions for a better vocoder?

Thanks,
John Smith