Posted to rec.audio.car
boardjunkie boardjunkie is offline

Default Kenwood KGC-9042 EQ power connector pinout

I have one of these, (low profile electronic presettable) but it came
to me without the power connector. Its a common type, I robbed one off
an old computer power supply (4 pin). I can get it to power up, but
cannot identify which wire is for memory and which is the power on
lead. Anyone have one of these? Can ya take a peek 'round the back and
ID the wiring at the connector for me?
Posted to rec.audio.car
Lee[_11_] Lee[_11_] is offline

boardjunkie;2276775 Wrote:
I have one of these [ ... ] I can get it to power up, but cannot
identify which wire is for memory and which is the power ..

If you've managed to get it powered up, and if I recall correctly there
are only 4 wires (Accs, BATT, rem and ground) then set a preset, then
remove one of the two wires you're using for power for a few seconds,
the repower the unit and see if you've lost the preset -- if not, the
one that remained powered is the Battery contant.

Here's the manual for that unit (free at kenwoodusa.com)
http://tinyurl.com/2782wk

greetings

--
Lee

CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over TWO million posts online!

Posted to rec.audio.car

On Feb 24, 2:52*am, Lee wrote:
boardjunkie;2276775 Wrote:

I have one of these [ ... ] I can get it to power up, but cannot
identify which wire is for memory and which is the power ..

If you've managed to get it powered up, and if I recall correctly there
are only 4 wires (Accs, BATT, rem and ground) then set a preset, then
remove one of the two wires you're using for power for a few seconds,
the repower the unit and see if you've lost the preset -- if not, the
one that remained powered is the Battery contant.

Here's the manual for that unit (free at kenwoodusa.com)http://tinyurl.com/2782wk

greetings

--
Lee

CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over TWO million posts online!

Ahh...thanks for the manual link. I looked for it but only saw the one
for the larger electronic EQ. Looks like it stores presets internally
since there's only acc pwr, dimmer, and control leads.