Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

Default Record company's digital income

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article
,
Jenn wrote:

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.

Not quite high fidelity!

Remember the old days when someone had to synthesize a cell phone ring?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Jenn said:

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.

It would've been a lot more if there were such a thing as audio porn.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article ,
George M. Middius cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net
wrote:

Jenn said:

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.

It would've been a lot more if there were such a thing as audio porn.

"Marianne in the Shower" on the binaural.com demo page doesn't count...

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

George M. Middius wrote:
Jenn said:

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.

It would've been a lot more if there were such a thing as audio porn.

I wonder what made you think of that, George. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

paul packer said:

I just read that music downloads totaled $1.1 BILLION last year. What
really startled me though was that 40% of the income was from ring tones.

It would've been a lot more if there were such a thing as audio porn.

I wonder what made you think of that, George. ;-)

No, you may not borrow any of my memberships, paulie.