Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400

Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew if they have
one. Does anyone know who does it ? Mind you, with the packaging long ago thrown
away, it's not very practical to send it the length of the country.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Rupert Rupert is offline

On Sep 25, 5:45 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew if they have
one. Does anyone know who does it ? Mind you, with the packaging long ago thrown
away, it's not very practical to send it the length of the country.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

Graham

For a cheap piece of kit like that I'd send it off to an ewaste
recycler and get another. Maybe even up the budget a little and get
something different.

Rupert

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Rupert wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew if they have
one. Does anyone know who does it ? Mind you, with the packaging long ago thrown
away, it's not very practical to send it the length of the country.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

For a cheap piece of kit like that I'd send it off to an ewaste
recycler and get another. Maybe even up the budget a little and get
something different.

Because the rig needs to be in working order, we'll probably buy a replacement
tomorrow. However it would be useful to have a working spare.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Rupert wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

[...]

Authorised Behringer Service Cent
http://www.prolineaudio.co.uk/

Gareth.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message

Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where
the LF outs are quite distorted. I dare say it would
likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of obtaining a
schematic is a problem.

In the US, the CX3400 sells for about $130. Most professional service
operations charge $60 or more per hour, often more like twice that. Just
getting an estimate will cost about the same or more than the piece is worth
as used equipment. And if you fix it, its value goes from zero to about the
same as what you paid to fix it, which is the same as the cost for a used
but working version of it. This leads to the question, why ever fix it?

The logical question is whether you buy new, buy something more expensive,
or buy used.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote
if I knew if they have one. Does anyone know who does it
? Mind you, with the packaging long ago thrown away, it's
not very practical to send it the length of the country.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

At the price points of Behringer's lower cost products, the only time you
repair them is in warranty, if you can do it at Behringer's expense.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phildo Phildo is offline

On Sep 25, 5:45 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are
quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty
of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You claim you are some sort of deity in the world of audio design yet
something as simple as that is beyond you? Go figure.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew if they
have
one. Does anyone know who does it ? Mind you, with the packaging long ago
thrown
away, it's not very practical to send it the length of the country.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

You have to be kidding me !?!?!?

Behringer's customer service is the best in the industry.

You are just carrying on your psychotic vendetta against them because they
put your employer out of business leaving you out of a job.

Phildo

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
No Name

"Phildo" wrote in message

On Sep 25, 5:45 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are
quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty
of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You claim you are some sort of deity in the world of audio design yet
something as simple as that is beyond you? Go figure.

I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew if
they have
one.

have you looked in the manual , the service centers are listed there

Does anyone know who does it ? Mind you, with the packaging long ago
thrown
away, it's not very practical to send it the length of the country.

yup way beyond you the package a one rack unit for post
with out factory box it simply can't be done can it, ****tard

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

and what exactly was behringers responce when you contacted them for a ra
number?
the only weak point in this chain is you

call behringer they will resolve this issue
thier service is way above yours
they will fix the unit while you p[erfer to let the unit remain out of
service because your too ****ing lazy to properly follow the service
procedure
your a ****tard
george

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Eeyore wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You can't get one. But if it's BOTH LF outs, and the HF outputs are good,
you know it's not the power supply for the whole thing. And you know it's
something common to both LF outputs.

Check the supply voltages on all of the op-amps, then start looking at the
switch. Since you're looking for something that is common to both channels,
you have only a limited number of things to check.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

Actually, the support in the US seems to be excellent, but they do not
want you fixing your own gear. They want you to send it to them, but
they are reasonable and prompt if you do so. The stuff is disposable
and not really intended for easy repair, too. I mean, my hourly bench
fee is about the cost of a new one.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Gareth Magennis wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Rupert wrote
Eeyore wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I've spoken to them. They reckon £20-30 which doesn't totally surprise
me but seems a lot for an op-amp replacement if that's all it is which I sort of
suspect. Then there's the carriage either way on top. It makes an authorised
repair look costly when you can buy the 2 way CX2310 (which is all that's
needed) for £61.50 new.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote

Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where
the LF outs are quite distorted. I dare say it would
likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of obtaining a
schematic is a problem.

In the US, the CX3400 sells for about $130. Most professional service
operations charge $60 or more per hour, often more like twice that. Just
getting an estimate will cost about the same or more than the piece is worth
as used equipment. And if you fix it, its value goes from zero to about the
same as what you paid to fix it, which is the same as the cost for a used
but working version of it. This leads to the question, why ever fix it?

Because I hate to see waste. Besides, with a schematic I could probably fix it
inside 20-30 minutes which costs very little.

See also my response to Gareth.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Phildo wrote:

Eeyore wrote

Thread title is self-explanatory.

This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

THEY ARE NOT COPYRIGHT you illiterate MORON !

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

wrote:

and what exactly was behringers responce when you contacted them for a ra
number?

Behringer don't have a UK operation.

I suppose I could try talking German to 'head office' ?

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Scott Dorsey = Utter ****head Moron

"Scott Dorsey Utter ****head Moron "
"Eeysore"

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

Actually, the support in the US seems to be excellent,

** There is simply ZERO " service support " from Behringer.

The vast majority of pro-audio suppliers provide good service support.

Learn to *** read** you POSTURING ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

but they do not want you fixing your own gear.

** Asinine bull**** red-herring.

Behringer have no right WHATEVER to determine who is allowed to repair
the items they sell.

Only NAZIS think like Behringer.

They want you to send it to them, but
they are reasonable and prompt if you do so.

** ******** !!!!!!!

Most folk's experience is the direct OPPOSITE !!

Particularly any living outside the USA.

The stuff is disposable
and not really intended for easy repair, too.

** Refusing to supply schems and spares makes the merely hard into

IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ****WIT YANK ****HEAD

........ Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You can't get one. But if it's BOTH LF outs, and the HF outputs are good,
you know it's not the power supply for the whole thing. And you know it's
something common to both LF outputs.

My suspicion is something like an op-amp in the filter network that's died.
Identifying the right parts to probe from a schematic would make that task a lot,
lot easier, as it would for tracing the signal through the unit.

Check the supply voltages on all of the op-amps, then start looking at the
switch. Since you're looking for something that is common to both channels,
you have only a limited number of things to check.

Poor service support is definitely Behringer's achilles heel.

Actually, the support in the US seems to be excellent, but they do not
want you fixing your own gear. They want you to send it to them, but
they are reasonable and prompt if you do so. The stuff is disposable
and not really intended for easy repair, too. I mean, my hourly bench
fee is about the cost of a new one.

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Eeyore wrote:

Phildo wrote:

Eeyore wrote

Thread title is self-explanatory.

This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

THEY ARE NOT COPYRIGHT you illiterate MORON !

*Any* schematic is copyright of the designer/ manufacturer of the
equipment, unless specifically released into the public domain.

Similarly, any electronic design is copyright of the designer and may
also be the subject of patents, & any attempt to examine the finished
product and publish the resulting schematic is breach of that copyright
and/ or that patent.

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"John Williamson"

*Any* schematic is copyright of the designer/ manufacturer of the
equipment, unless specifically released into the public domain.

** Copyright laws allow for " fair usage " .

Schematics are intended as service aids for those in a position to make use
of them.

So publication of one on a technical NG or web forum for the purpose of
discussion is ** fair usage**.

Similarly, any electronic design is copyright of the designer

** Nonsense.

and may also be the subject of patents,

** Extraordinarily unlikely.

& any attempt to examine the finished product and publish the resulting
schematic is breach of that copyright and/ or that patent.

** COMPLETE ******** !!!!!!!!!!

Any schem you generate yourself is copyright to YOU !!

The word " patent " means to ** REVEAL **.

YOU RIDICULOUS ASS !!

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

** None to support your asinine conclusions.

Tciao for Now!

** Drop dead.

John the Jerkoff

...... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You can't get one. But if it's BOTH LF outs, and the HF outputs are good,
you know it's not the power supply for the whole thing. And you know it's
something common to both LF outputs.

My suspicion is something like an op-amp in the filter network that's died.
Identifying the right parts to probe from a schematic would make that task a lot,
lot easier, as it would for tracing the signal through the unit.

Nahh, because you can trace backwards from the LF output jacks. There will
only be a couple op-amps in the whole low-pass network. Bad op-amps are
a possibility but I would check the switch or pot that sets the turnover
frequency before doing anything.

Look at the supply voltages with a really good voltmeter. Look for an
op-amp whose supply voltage is different than the others. This can either
be because the trace resistance is dramatically different OR because the
op-amp is pulling more or less current than the others. An op-amp that is
pulling a different amount of current is bad.

I have a tendency just to go through and socket all the op-amps in gear
like this, to make future repair much easier.

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

This is typical of consumer electronics today. You won't get a schematic
for your cellphone or MP3 player either.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Scott Dorsey Geriatric ****ing Moron "

I have a tendency just to go through and socket all the op-amps in gear
like this, to make future repair much easier.

** Sockets for SMD op-amps ??

Get them from the same store that sells bicycles to fish, I suppose.

....... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Hey Phil,

Once you get back on your medication maybe you'll consider keeping your vile
verbiage inside your post instead of in the subject line.

At least that way we won't be inflicted by that miserably painful experience
you call your life.

Thanks

Ty Ford

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:23:57 -0400, Phil Allison wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZJ9MptZmU

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Ty Ford"

Hey Phil,

** Never "hey" me - you pile of sub haman

ASD ****ed, top posting CRIMINAL DUNG !!!!!!!

Do the whole planet a favour, top yourself now.

........ Phil

[...]

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

John Williamson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Phildo wrote:
Eeyore wrote

Thread title is self-explanatory.
This is rich considering you were the one who illegally posted copyrighted
Behringer schematics online.

THEY ARE NOT COPYRIGHT you illiterate MORON !

*Any* schematic is copyright of the designer/ manufacturer of the
equipment, unless specifically released into the public domain.

Similarly, any electronic design is copyright of the designer and may
also be the subject of patents, & any attempt to examine the finished
product and publish the resulting schematic is breach of that copyright
and/ or that patent.

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

However since many Behringer products are slavish copies of their competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for something that's not theirs in
the first place !

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Sep 26, 9:25 am, Eeyore
wrote:
The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to steal their
designs....

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Thread title is self-explanatory.

The local venue's crossover has developed a fault where the LF outs are quite
distorted. I dare say it would likely be an easy fix but the difficulty of
obtaining a schematic is a problem.

You can't get one. But if it's BOTH LF outs, and the HF outputs are good,
you know it's not the power supply for the whole thing. And you know it's
something common to both LF outputs.

My suspicion is something like an op-amp in the filter network that's died.
Identifying the right parts to probe from a schematic would make that task a lot,
lot easier, as it would for tracing the signal through the unit.

Nahh, because you can trace backwards from the LF output jacks.

On double sided high density SMT pcbs ?

Get real Scott ! You should know very well that's not a practical task. 30 years ago or
so it was different for sure. You can't do that these days unless you have hours to
spare tracing it all out.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

This is typical of consumer electronics today. You won't get a schematic
for your cellphone or MP3 player either.

They are sold quite clearly as consumer items not professional.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"WillStG"
Eeysore

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is
very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost
of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to steal their
designs....

** ROTFL !!

Wot an imbecile.

........ Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Eeyore wrote:

Nahh, because you can trace backwards from the LF output jacks.

On double sided high density SMT pcbs ?

Get real Scott ! You should know very well that's not a practical task. 30 years ago or
so it was different for sure. You can't do that these days unless you have hours to
spare tracing it all out.

So buy a Rane AC-22. Two-sided board, through hole DIP construction with
standard op-amps, and the schematic is on the website.

Only problem with it is that the 1/4" phone jacks are prone to fail and
it uses a wall wart. I was originally a little alarmed at the pots used
for turnover frequency adjustment, but they actually track very well and
hold up well to abuse.

It ain't no Sumo or even an Orban but it's not bad at all. For some reason,
Rane stuff is distributed by Sennheiser in the UK.

There is really no reason to have high-density SMD stuff in something like
a simple third or fourth order crossover. There's plenty of space in there.
But honestly, even the SMD stuff isn't that hard. The ohmmeter makes it
possible to trace lines without even being able to see them.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

This is typical of consumer electronics today. You won't get a schematic
for your cellphone or MP3 player either.

They are sold quite clearly as consumer items not professional.

So is the Behringer stuff. What you are seeing is the consumer electronics
world expanding into the pro audio realm but carrying with it the methods
and attitudes of consumer electronics.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Scott Dorsey Geriatric ****ing Moron "

They are sold quite clearly as consumer items not professional.

So is the Behringer stuff.

** What an evil, monstrous LIE !!!!!!!!!!!

"C'est un Nagra. C'est a Pile of Crap "

** So is Scott ****wit Dorsey.

........ Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Steve King Steve King is offline

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
Hey Phil,

Once you get back on your medication maybe you'll consider keeping your
vile
verbiage inside your post instead of in the subject line.

At least that way we won't be inflicted by that miserably painful
experience
you call your life.

Thanks

Ty Ford

Congratulations. You must be the last person in the world that hasn't
kill-filed Phil;-)

Steve King

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

WillStG wrote:

Eeyore wrote

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to steal their
designs....

LMAO.

That IS probably what they're afraid of.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Nahh, because you can trace backwards from the LF output jacks.

On double sided high density SMT pcbs ?

Get real Scott ! You should know very well that's not a practical task. 30 years ago or
so it was different for sure. You can't do that these days unless you have hours to
spare tracing it all out.

So buy a Rane AC-22. Two-sided board, through hole DIP construction with
standard op-amps, and the schematic is on the website.

Only problem with it is that the 1/4" phone jacks are prone to fail and
it uses a wall wart.

Aaaargghhh. A wall wart ! That's so unprofessional..

I was originally a little alarmed at the pots used
for turnover frequency adjustment, but they actually track very well and
hold up well to abuse.

It ain't no Sumo or even an Orban but it's not bad at all. For some reason,
Rane stuff is distributed by Sennheiser in the UK.

There is really no reason to have high-density SMD stuff in something like
a simple third or fourth order crossover. There's plenty of space in there.
But honestly, even the SMD stuff isn't that hard. The ohmmeter makes it
possible to trace lines without even being able to see them.

But is still very time consuming.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

The fact they don't allow local service agents access to schematics.is very poor
IMHO. It means you're automatically going to incur the considerable cost of return
P&P to some distant place even before they can even look at it.

This is typical of consumer electronics today. You won't get a schematic
for your cellphone or MP3 player either.

They are sold quite clearly as consumer items not professional.

So is the Behringer stuff. What you are seeing is the consumer electronics
world expanding into the pro audio realm but carrying with it the methods
and attitudes of consumer electronics.

Is that an acceptable reason for them to intentionally withold schematics ?

There's a BIG difference. Very little in an mp3 player or cellphone is serviceable. As you
clearly understand that's not true of a simple crossover.

Graham

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Eeyore wrote:

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

However since many Behringer products are slavish copies of their competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for something that's not theirs in
the first place !

As far as I know, the details vary, for instance what is fair use in one
place is not necessarily fair use in another. The principle remains,
though. If I design it, I own the copyright on the design, unless I
assign it to another person or company. If I patent it, I publish the
design & principle so that others can use the design & principle under
licence.

As for Behringer stuff being copies of their competition, if it's
patented, it can be licenced, otherwise, a "clean room" approach can be
used.

Admittedly, Behringer may not do this...
I would think, though, that just changing one component or dimension
*may* result in the courts considering it to be a new design, hence a
new copyright now exists for that new design. It depends how good your
lawyers are.

Most, if not all, IC maufacturers produce reference circuits which can
be used by anyone using that IC, so if both places use the same IC, is
it not possible they're both using the same reference design? Possibly
even modified the same way, even if the design teams are working
independently.
User interface is a different matter, in that you *could* claim there's
only one logical way to lay out the controls. The fact it "just happens"
to be the same way as Company X did it a while ago can be quite a field
day for the lawyers.

Didn't I read somewhere that Behringer were in trouble for copying stuff
anyway?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Eeyore wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

So is the Behringer stuff. What you are seeing is the consumer electronics
world expanding into the pro audio realm but carrying with it the methods
and attitudes of consumer electronics.

Is that an acceptable reason for them to intentionally withold schematics ?

Sure. It's financially not worth the trouble for them to distribute them.
They are in business to make money, and the way you make money selling
consumer products is to cut your costs to the bone and make your product as
general as possible so you can sell it in as many different places and ways
as possible.

There's a BIG difference. Very little in an mp3 player or cellphone is serviceable. As you
clearly understand that's not true of a simple crossover.

People don't service consumer products any more, even easily serviced ones.
People throw out TV sets because the plug is damaged. I don't like it either,
but it's the world we're in. You're talking about products with a two year
expected lifetime; repair infrastructure is not part of the business plan.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"John Williamson Trolling ****wit "

** ********.

The principle remains, though. If I design it, I own the copyright on the
design,

** Gobbledegook.

If I patent it,

** Completely impossible.

Patenting requires originality, novelty and invention.

YOU are a totally clueless LYING PRICK

........ Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Steve **** "

** Someone needs to kill you - ASSHOLE !!

Dorsey cocksuckers are the LOWEST of scum.

....... Phil

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Eeyore wrote:

Nahh, because you can trace backwards from the LF
output jacks.

On double sided high density SMT pcbs ?

Get real Scott ! You should know very well that's not a
practical task. 30 years ago or so it was different for
sure. You can't do that these days unless you have hours
to spare tracing it all out.

So buy a Rane AC-22. Two-sided board, through hole DIP
construction with standard op-amps, and the schematic is
on the website.

Only problem with it is that the 1/4" phone jacks are
prone to fail and

The Rane "Mojo Series" version of the same basic crossover has XLR
connectors. Model number is MX22 and it still shows up on eBay from time
to time. This appears to be a new one at a good price:

http://www.audiolines.com/product.ph...cat=210&page=1

it uses a wall wart.

No the RS-1 is not a wall wart. Rane uses a well-engineered, highly robust
cord wart. There are cables on either side, and it has heavy tabs for
screwing down into place.

http://www.amazon.com/Rane-RS-1-Powe.../dp/B0002IU02S

I was originally a little alarmed
at the pots used for turnover frequency adjustment, but
they actually track very well and hold up well to abuse.

That's because the turnover control just taps off some DC to send to some
VCA that actually set the parameters for the state variable filters.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"WillStG" wrote in message
ups.com
On Sep 26, 9:25 am, Eeyore
wrote:
The fact they don't allow local service agents access to
schematics.is very poor IMHO. It means you're
automatically going to incur the considerable cost of
return P&P to some distant place even before they can
even look at it.

Well if they provided schematics, someone might try to
steal their designs....

The irony here is the EP-2500 power amp, which not only cribs the QSC RMX
part-for-part, but also uses the same terminal numbers on the signal board.

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
No Name

"John Williamson" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:

There has been case law on this subject in all countries that support
copyright and patent laws.

The law varies from country to country.

However since many Behringer products are slavish copies of their
competition,
I'd like to know how they can claim copyright for something that's not
theirs in
the first place !

As far as I know, the details vary, for instance what is fair use in one
place is not necessarily fair use in another.

Don't give any care to what G says
he has admitted to stealing qsc's mechanical designs and admitted to being
party to studiomaster stealing phase linear designs
he has sour grapes as he wants to believe that everybody steals , like he
did
when the matter comes up in court behringer has been found "innocent" every
time except once , that one time was more than 20 years ago and turned on
interpertation of patent law.

btw poo bear whom did behringer slavishly copy the deq2496 from?
your a ****tard
George

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Spence Spence is offline

In article , Eeyore wrote:
I'd also phone Behringer's UK service agent for a quote if I knew

if they have
one. Does anyone know who does it ?

Try Pro Line Audio. As I'm writing this I'm offline, so can't check
address or anything, but I think they're 'up North' somewhere.

I had a PSU go in a 1204FX mixer. They would repair it, but it was 2
years old and the replacement PSU cost half the price of the mixer,
so I declined the offer.

--
Roger

Does anyone have a schematic for a Behringer CX3400 Eeyore Pro Audio 567 October 17th 07 09:24 PM
Behringer C1 Jeremy Pro Audio 6 June 15th 05 12:46 AM
Behringer UB2442FX Mixer Schematic/voltages Needed Jake Joseph Pro Audio 6 March 6th 04 10:20 PM
Behringer does it !!! Ty Ford Pro Audio 44 February 27th 04 12:22 AM
BEHRINGER SHIPS THE Behringer V-AMPIRE LX1-112 SGAE1976 Pro Audio 0 November 12th 03 11:43 PM