Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jocelyn Major Jocelyn Major is offline

Default Radford Preamp

Greeting,
I just got my hand on a old Radford SC-242 Preamp. The lady who gave it
to me didn't really take care of it so most of the lettering on the face
plate is erased. I hook it to my Quad 303 amp and after trial and error
I manage to find what button control what. So I listen to some CD and LP
and was simply amazed with the sound. This preamp was design between 30
and 40 years ago. I open it up and it is build like a tank. I would like
to restore it so I need schematic and/or picture of it(So I can redo the
lettering of the face plate). So does anyone have any info on this
Radford SC-242 Preamp?

Thanks!

Jocelyn
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Serge Auckland Serge Auckland is offline

"Jocelyn Major" wrote in message
Greeting,
I just got my hand on a old Radford SC-242 Preamp. The lady who gave it to
me didn't really take care of it so most of the lettering on the face
plate is erased. I hook it to my Quad 303 amp and after trial and error I
manage to find what button control what. So I listen to some CD and LP and
was simply amazed with the sound. This preamp was design between 30 and 40
years ago. I open it up and it is build like a tank. I would like to
restore it so I need schematic and/or picture of it(So I can redo the
lettering of the face plate). So does anyone have any info on this Radford
SC-242 Preamp?

Thanks!

Jocelyn

I have a small photo of the SC-22, but I don't have any info on the SC-242
Control Unit, so have no idea how similar they are. I see, however, that
you can buy a High-Fidelity Magazine review of the SC-242 from 1974 for
$5.00 from

http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevhf.htm

Hope this helps

S.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Serge Auckland a écrit :
[...]

Thank you for the info about High-Fidelity Magazine. A nice fellow
already send me several picture of the SC-24 (according to someone from
Radford Group it is similar to the SC-242). Now I just have to buy
quality RCA connectors to replace the original one (they are corroded)
and redo the lettering.

Again, Thanks

Jocelyn Major
Son of Leo Major DCM & Bar
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Jocelyn Major" wrote in message

Greeting,
I just got my hand on a old Radford SC-242 Preamp. The
lady who gave it to me didn't really take care of it so
most of the lettering on the face plate is erased. I hook
it to my Quad 303 amp and after trial and error I manage
to find what button control what. So I listen to some CD
and LP and was simply amazed with the sound. This preamp
was design between 30 and 40 years ago. I open it up and
it is build like a tank. I would like to restore it so I
need schematic and/or picture of it(So I can redo the
lettering of the face plate). So does anyone have any
info on this Radford SC-242 Preamp?

This is about as close as I could find:

http://www.hifimanuals.com/proddetail.php?prod=489

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Arny Krueger a écrit :
"Jocelyn Major" wrote in message

Greeting,
I just got my hand on a old Radford SC-242 Preamp. The
lady who gave it to me didn't really take care of it so
most of the lettering on the face plate is erased. I hook
it to my Quad 303 amp and after trial and error I manage
to find what button control what. So I listen to some CD
and LP and was simply amazed with the sound. This preamp
was design between 30 and 40 years ago. I open it up and
it is build like a tank. I would like to restore it so I
need schematic and/or picture of it(So I can redo the
lettering of the face plate). So does anyone have any
info on this Radford SC-242 Preamp?

This is about as close as I could find:

http://www.hifimanuals.com/proddetail.php?prod=489

Thank you Arny,

A nice fellow already send me several picture of the on he own.
Again thank you for taking the time to do a search.

Jocelyn Major
Son of Leo Major DCM & Bar

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Ray Thomas Ray Thomas is offline

Arny Krueger a écrit :
[...]

try: they are very helpful

Daisy chaining preamp channels? H. Khalil Pro Audio 19 September 29th 06 06:32 AM
amp or preamp? west Vacuum Tubes 11 September 6th 06 02:26 PM
phono preamp volume qwerty High End Audio 1 December 8th 04 01:35 AM